• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My wife was told of somebody getting Indiana Unemployment who had lost a part time job.
    Is this true that people who lost part time jobs can get Indiana Unemployment?
    I'm skeptical.

My wife had a nearly 40 hour a week "part time" job and got laid off several weeks ago.
    She will be going back when they open up again, but there's no clear date when that will happen.
    But she could use the money.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My wife was told of somebody getting Indiana Unemployment who had lost a part time job.
    Is this true that people who lost part time jobs can get Indiana Unemployment?
    I'm skeptical.

My wife had a nearly 40 hour a week "part time" job and got laid off several weeks ago.
    She will be going back when they open up again, but there's no clear date when that will happen.
    But she could use the money.
    There is a formula based upon how much you make over a period of time.
    https://www.in.gov/dwd/files/Claimant_Handbook.pdf
    Requirement #3: You earned enough during your base period.
    For your claim to be valid, you must have earned at least 1.5 times the amount of your highest-quarter wages (at least $4,200 in total) in your base period and have made at least $2,500 in the final six months of that period.

She should file. There is no back unemployment, so the longer she waits the more she loses. All they can do is say no/

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll ask my question here. My entire factory is shutting down for a week due to low orders. I know I am eligible for unemployment, but when do I file? Can I file today since I know I will be off all week next week or do I need to wait until next week to file?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll ask my question here. My entire factory is shutting down for a week due to low orders. I know I am eligible for unemployment, but when do I file? Can I file today since I know I will be off all week next week or do I need to wait until next week to file?

You file the day you get sent home... File today... It will be weeks before you get your first check/deposit.

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    I filed Sunday after my first week of layoff and I received the funds the following week on Tuesday in my checking account along with the previous week funds. After that, file on Sunday and funds in account 2 days later like clockwork.

Top Bottom