• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Keystone Avenue in Carmel FOR SURE!!! I can not believe what those dirty b******s have done there!!!

30 MPH you must be kidding me!!! :xmad::xmad::xmad:

...and don't tell me its ALL a construction zone, because it's not! That's just a cop out to double the fines.

Figure out other ways to pay for your extravagant round abouts!

I plan on AVOIDING Keystone in KARMEL for now on. I saw FOUR, YES FOUR cops that had people pulled over on there one night. :xmad:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Keystone Avenue in Carmel FOR SURE!!! I can not believe what those dirty b******s have done there!!!

30 MPH you must be kidding me!!! :xmad::xmad::xmad:

...and don't tell me its ALL a construction zone, because it's not! That's just a cop out to double the fines.

Figure out other ways to pay for your extravagant round abouts!

I plan on AVOIDING Keystone in KARMEL for now on. I saw FOUR, YES FOUR cops that had people pulled over on there one night. :xmad:

They hide as well. It is now popular to sit pretty far back on the merging ramp so cars cannot see you coming due to the increase in elevation and the roundabout. Of course, its all for public safety - that's why they hide.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Sometimes I boycott the speed traps by obeying the speed limit. This way they don't get my money.

Yeah, great advice. :rolleyes:

How about when the city of Lafayette takes ownership of an INDIANA highway and UNREASONABLY changes the speed limit??? Who honestly does 30 on a HIGHWAY?! Ok, Main Street Carmel, I would understand that.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Yeah, great advice. :rolleyes:

How about when the city of Lafayette takes ownership of an INDIANA highway and UNREASONABLY changes the speed limit??? Who honestly does 30 on a HIGHWAY?! Ok, Main Street Carmel, I would understand that.

Farabee Drive between Kossuth and SR26 is one they like to use as well (30 mph).

Since I'm too lazy to harass city council about it, I, for now, obey the speed limit (for the most part).

Leah Marie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    K-Town
    LOL I know all about their speed traps where I live and my ticket was $247.00 (but it was when I was in high school) lol I learned my lesson and yes, I had to pay it out of my own pocket. (mom and dad wouldn't) I can tell you every spot they hide :D (I've been more observant)

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Great post!!!!!! Everything i've read on the Muncie and Carmel posts have been pretty dead on! This is cool. Would be handy driving into different cities you are not familiar with.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Only time I've been pulled over was where a 45 drops to 35 pretty quick and the cops love hiding behind a sign. He pulled me over but not the guy tailgating me to the point if I slowed to 35, I would've been rear ended. Guy was pretty nervous from the start of the stop and saw the little piece of pink paper behind my drivers license. It was a nice surprise having his gun at my head when he came back up. No need for him to be nervous as I was driving to class and had my books on the seat next to me, hands on the wheel. Got no ticket and I believe he found a new line of work.

On my way to South Bend for class 2 days a week I set my cruise just over 60 and get passed by a bunch of people. Always 2 or 3 that passed me get pulled over each day, sometimes in the construction zone just south of South Bend. I'd hate to see their 60 in a 45 construction zone tickets.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Local truck driver here, I run all over the state. From what I see on a daily basis the worst are:

I 70 all through the city but especially between I 65 split and shadeland.
    I 74 just west of I 465 on the westside...40 MPH speed limit because of the "construction"
    I 65 north of Indy, mainly between exit 130 (Zionsville exit) and exit 138-139 (Lizton, Lebanon exits) also a heavy construction zone.
    Keystone through Carmel.
    US 40 near the town of brazil, roughly mile marker 23 I believe.

Too many to name but these are the areas I have seen the most problems with.

I wish our police would catch some real criminals.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    love the latest comment the site had on plainfield. there is very little crime here(compared to other towns of similar size) so traffic stops is all they have.

rcjack86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Indianapolis/Lafayette
    I wish our police would catch some real criminals.
    The purpose of pulling someone over is that you have a good chance of catching someone without insurance, or who has a suspended license, or a warrant. Some cops just aren't very nice and enjoy giving tickets, or they look at your history and feel you deserve one. Either way, I still speed a lot.

Top Bottom