• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Call and ask to speak to the CEO. Show them this thread on INGO and ask others to do the same. IMCU is small enough that this will have an impact and if they choose not to listen, then take your money elsewhere. I am in this business, and I can tell you that IMCU is small enough that this can work if they are responsive and listen.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I sincerely hope that that last line refers to the "idiots" that post the signs marking a "no (legal) guns" area. See, because if it doesn't, that would be you insulting another INGO member, and that would mean I or one of the other mods would have to remind you of the rule you agreed to less than 4 months ago, not to do that.

Cameramonkey, I see how you took that, and stephen87 wasn't sure, either. I'm leaning toward the view I reacted with, that he wasn't insulting you, but referring to others as "idiots". You're the one he sees as "playing the game". I said that's how I'm leaning, but I'm not leaning very hard, and I could be easily convinced I was mistaken.

HKUSP, the ball's in your court. :mods:

Blessings,
    Bill

As usual, it takes more than something like that to actually offend me. But yes, it could go either way.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Bill read it right. I certainly wasn't calling anyone here an idiot. I have just noticed a general attitude towards gunbuster signs that lacks the outrage they deserve.

It might be a small thing on it's face, but that sign at it's core points out the fact that the poster doesn't care about your safety. They don't care if you get robbed between the car and their building. They don't care if your firearm gets stolen out of your car while you're inside conducting business. Businesses that show that level of contempt for me don't deserve my money.

I have an extensive list of businesses I won't engage in commerce with because of their stated opposition to the right to carry a gun. I could rail on for a several pages about some of them. One example of many was a small chain of hardware stores in my old hometown. One week they're not posted, the next time I went there was the gunbuster sign stuck to the door. I spun on my heel and went back home to call them. The girl that answered the phone helpfully suggested that I could just leave the gun in the car like I had never thought of that. She, was an idiot. I asked to speak to the owner. He wasn't there but he did return my call after a couple of days. I stated my dismay at their decision to post the premises and in the most insulting of tones he says, "that's there to protect the customers from carriers that might not know the rules". I made them a hobby for the next week filling every place I could find on the internet to post a negative review and spelling out exactly why. I also added them to a "do not patronize while armed" database that Ohioans for Concealed carry has. Others called and complained and it eventually snowballed into enough pressure and lost sales the signs came down. We won that one, but it never seemed to be a fight won in the long run. It was a never ending cycle of having to call the next business, all because those stupid signs have the weight of law over there.

I'm well aware they are toothless here in Indiana. I'm glad that's the way it is here. I guess my entire point boils down to vigilance. Those that oppose our right to carry a firearm must not be given an inch. A sign here might be worthless, but it's an inch. We have a very, very good 2A environment here that is constantly being planned against by idiots with signs that dream of a day when they do mean something. There was a segment on Fox 59 a few weeks ago that showcased a mom that needs some action sitting there sniveling and whining about all of this horrible freedom we have here in Indiana. Freedom that makes her uneasy. It made me realize quite clearly for the first time since I moved that there are constant battles to be had here as well. They might be small, but they are still important. Important enough that Saturday I will be going to my local IMCU branch, pulling out my money, surrendering my ATM card, and telling them exactly why.

Chris

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Call and ask to speak to the CEO. Show them this thread on INGO and ask others to do the same. IMCU is small enough that this will have an impact and if they choose not to listen, then take your money elsewhere. I am in this business, and I can tell you that IMCU is small enough that this can work if they are responsive and listen.

This is very true. You have a much better chance of getting signs pulled down with local businesses. Large national corporations, not so much.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Bill read it right. I certainly wasn't calling anyone here an idiot. I have just noticed a general attitude towards gunbuster signs that lacks the outrage they deserve.

It might be a small thing on it's face, but that sign at it's core points out the fact that the poster doesn't care about your safety. They don't care if you get robbed between the car and their building. They don't care if your firearm gets stolen out of your car while you're inside conducting business. Businesses that show that level of contempt for me don't deserve my money.

I have an extensive list of businesses I won't engage in commerce with because of their stated opposition to the right to carry a gun. I could rail on for a several pages about some of them. One example of many was a small chain of hardware stores in my old hometown. One week they're not posted, the next time I went there was the gunbuster sign stuck to the door. I spun on my heel and went back home to call them. The girl that answered the phone helpfully suggested that I could just leave the gun in the car like I had never thought of that. She, was an idiot. I asked to speak to the owner. He wasn't there but he did return my call after a couple of days. I stated my dismay at their decision to post the premises and in the most insulting of tones he says, "that's there to protect the customers from carriers that might not know the rules". I made them a hobby for the next week filling every place I could find on the internet to post a negative review and spelling out exactly why. I also added them to a "do not patronize while armed" database that Ohioans for Concealed carry has. Others called and complained and it eventually snowballed into enough pressure and lost sales the signs came down. We won that one, but it never seemed to be a fight won in the long run. It was a never ending cycle of having to call the next business, all because those stupid signs have the weight of law over there.

I'm well aware they are toothless here in Indiana. I'm glad that's the way it is here. I guess my entire point boils down to vigilance. Those that oppose our right to carry a firearm must not be given an inch. A sign here might be worthless, but it's an inch. We have a very, very good 2A environment here that is constantly being planned against by idiots with signs that dream of a day when they do mean something. There was a segment on Fox 59 a few weeks ago that showcased a mom that needs some action sitting there sniveling and whining about all of this horrible freedom we have here in Indiana. Freedom that makes her uneasy. It made me realize quite clearly for the first time since I moved that there are constant battles to be had here as well. They might be small, but they are still important. Important enough that Saturday I will be going to my local IMCU branch, pulling out my money, surrendering my ATM card, and telling them exactly why.

Chris

I understand now, HK. I didn't take offense to it, I just wasn't sure how you meant it. Now that you've explained it, I get it.

As for me, a lot of companies are "anti" 2nd Amendment but they are just following rules. I've carried into a ton of places that were marked as GFZs, but no one says anything. I carry openly, so it isn't like they don't see it. The only place I don't openly carry when I walk in is the movie theatre.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Now that I think about it, I'll have to look closely, but On the PNC locations, even with the metal detectors, I only recall seeing a "please remove hats/hoods or sunglasses before entering" sign. Which could explain why I only get the delay and not denied entry when I OC. :dunno:

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    My local credit union tried this about 2 yrs ago. They got so many complaints, that they removed the stickers last summer. Do your part. Write a letter to the board expressing your dislike and attend the board meetings to voice your opinion. It work for us!

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    I have been a member since 2005. I haven't noticed any metal detectors in the IMCU branches on the south side of Indy. I have noticed that they have a security guard with a large wheel gun posted at the branch by the Greenwood mall. I am always armed when I go in the bank. If I am no longer able to do that, I will be closing my account and taking my business somewhere else.

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Under an oppressive government
    I wouldn't sweat it much.. It's extremely costly to add those doors .. Only the most likely locations to be robbed will get them I'm sure.. You would be surprised how many financial institutions get robbed and there isn't a peep on the news about it.. From what I heard a lot of branches were getting business hours armed security..

Several years ago the south Mitthoeffer branch put these doors in, so I assume all the branches will get them. I too had been with IMCU since the 1980's, now I bank with a credit union that puts it's members first.

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Who goes into the bank? Short of getting a cashier's check, you can do pretty much everything from the ATM.
    Why use a bank/credit that does not care about their customers? At the south Mitthoeffer branch, only one person at a time can enter, everyone else stands outside in the weather until it's their turn. This makes no sense.

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009

I e-mailed the Head of Security about these doors a couple of years ago. I was told it was none of my business how they conducted business at the credit union.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    Why use a bank/credit that does not care about their customers? At the south Mitthoeffer branch, only one person at a time can enter, everyone else stands outside in the weather until it's their turn. This makes no sense.
    That south mitt branch has been hit several times by robbers in the past 10 years... Maybe they should just close the locations that have been robbed once,twice , three times a lady rather than take measures to protect your money and their employees...

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    That south mitt branch has been hit several times by robbers in the past 10 years... Maybe they should just close the locations that have been robbed once,twice , three times a lady rather than take measures to protect your money and their employees...

There are three (3) other banking institutions on the same street intersection. These other "banks" do not use "man traps". Maybe IMCU should close down or inquire what these other "banks" are doing right. Either way I do not use IMCU any longer.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I e-mailed the Head of Security about these doors a couple of years ago. I was told it was none of my business how they conducted business at the credit union.

If he sent that to you in snail mail or email, I'd have replied, "You are right, now that I've closed my accounts and moved to another financial institution. I did so partly because of those doors, but partly because of attitudes like this, that the customer is an annoyance, rather than the reason the employees have jobs. It is my hope that we both leave IMCU this month."

And then I'd have made sure to cc: it to the head of IMCU, with the full conversation attached.

There is no excuse for rudeness of that nature, and I guarantee that any employee of mine I caught acting that way would quickly be a former employee. On the spot, if I heard it with my own ears.

Blessings,
    Bill

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    They are simply modeling their business plan after the way the Government treats their "customers". And the solution to that problem is the same as the solution to this problem. Stop giving them money.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    If he sent that to you in snail mail or email, I'd have replied, "You are right, now that I've closed my accounts and moved to another financial institution. I did so partly because of those doors, but partly because of attitudes like this, that the customer is an annoyance, rather than the reason the employees have jobs. It is my hope that we both leave IMCU this month."

And then I'd have made sure to cc: it to the head of IMCU, with the full conversation attached.

There is no excuse for rudeness of that nature, and I guarantee that any employee of mine I caught acting that way would quickly be a former employee. On the spot, if I heard it with my own ears.

Blessings,
    Bill

I would have added that as a member I am also part owner of said financial institution and it is very much my business how business is conducted there. It also my business how the employees treat the owners and that his response would be discussed at the next shareholders meeting.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Update on this thread.

I carried and they let me in and I hardly go to the bank, alarm went off and everything. Spoke to manager, they're pretty much ok with members that are gunowners.

Top Bottom