• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm annoyed on many levels here. Russ McQuaid needs to demand a refund from whatever school gave him a degree. Bloomington's mayor is a big wussie, John Gregg is no friend of 2A. The basic take-away I have from the story is liberal policies have failed and we need to take rights from the law-abiding so those who have failed can feel better about themselves.

Did I mention I'm annoyed?

Indiana mayors to lobby statehouse for help on gun ordinances | Fox 59

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Whatever you do, don't read the Bloomington mayor's NYT op-ed piece they linked to in the article. There was a thread about that when it first ran. Nothing but hand-wringing and clutching of pearls from the mayor.

Won't someone please think of the children. :runaway:

gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    [video]https://youtu.be/SqJ_4YhYMhE[/video]

I imagine Bloomington's mayor is similar to the folks in this vid. It's a little long, but worth the watch.

Edit: and i just saw the same vid posted in another thread, sorry.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Whatever you do, don't read the Bloomington mayor's NYT op-ed piece they linked to in the article. There was a thread about that when it first ran. Nothing but hand-wringing and clutching of pearls from the mayor.

Won't someone please think of the children. :runaway:
    I'm thinking of the children, one of my children doesn't have a lifetime LTCH. Christmas is coming!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Too bad so-called journalists have no intellectual curiosity--at all. A simple question and maybe a follow up: What law(s) do you want passed? And how will they prevent drug dealers and other assorted thugs from shooting each other and breaking other sundry laws?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    “If the state preemption law were to be made less restrictive, or lifted entirely, I think you would have mayors place additional limits on gun dealers in their jurisdictions that say, ‘If we’re going to have a gun show, we’re going to have all transactions take place through background checks, we’re going to have domestic violence laws in this area that apply not only to married couples as they do statewide but also to couples that are dating and dating violence,’ and that’s a loophole that can be closed.”

Cities cannot pass criminal laws. So, he wants an OV for UBCs? How is this going to be enforced? Going to station a cop at every table in a gun show? Going to have cops monitor the Internet?

What does a UBC have to do with someone carrying a handgun in the open at a pool?

We had a UBC in Indiana before and it was a complete failure. So the entire State failed, but the winners in Bloomington won't?

Expanding domestic violence which is defined by state law by Bloomington ordinance? The mayor is simply a moron.

"Username"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2016
    Everywhere, so far.
    Hamilton and Hogsett are nothing other than two more twits that do not comprehend the Second Amendment is a restriction upon the government, not a permission slip for the citizen.

They can go pound sand all the way to Hell.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    “After all as mayors we are held accountable and responsible for the gun violence in our cities,” said Hogsett, “and what Mayor Hamilton was saying was, ‘Please give us the flexibility, give us the ability, to respond in meaningful ways to varying degrees of violence.’”

Little Lord Stinky Shoes wants flexibility? Then get to yoga, Joey.

We won't put up with your crap like no concealed carry in Speedway or not being able to carry on the Monon.

You have failed miserably, Joe. Ice Dog and Ray-ray and slaughtering each other on the street and the cops can only wash the blood off the sidewalks.

So, because of your miserable failures, you want to attack us to project your failures on us? Screw you, Little Lord Stinky Shoes.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The mayor of the People's Republic of Bloomington wants an exemption granting him fiat power over the Second Amendment now?
    I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The mayor of the People's Republic of Bloomington wants an exemption granting him fiat power over the Second Amendment now?
    I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

He needs a trial with a judge holding fiat power over constricting his treasonous neck with a five-stranded hemp rope.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Our preemption law on the state level is so comprehensive that, with very few exceptions, little room exists for mayors for any local action at all,

That's kinda the point.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Hamilton and Hogsett are nothing other than two more twits that do not comprehend the Second Amendment is a restriction upon the government, not a permission slip for the citizen.

They can go pound sand all the way to Hell.

I love your attitude but I believe you're not completely correct.
    They DO comprehend the Second Amendment to the Constitution BUT could care less about anything that doesn't fit their agendas.
    By taking our rights and ability to defend ourselves they make us helpless as a society. They want the power to rule absolutely.
    We will be at the whims of the Crooks and Politicians. I don't know why I used two words when one will suffice.
    Anyone that can't see the obvious needs to take off the blinders.
    It's a Chess game and you don't have to look that many moves ahead to see the end goal of these pukes.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Little Lord Stinky Shoes wants flexibility? Then get to yoga, Joey.

We won't put up with your crap like no concealed carry in Speedway or not being able to carry on the Monon.

You have failed miserably, Joe. Ice Dog and Ray-ray and slaughtering each other on the street and the cops can only wash the blood off the sidewalks.

So, because of your miserable failures, you want to attack us to project your failures on us? Screw you, Little Lord Stinky Shoes.
    Someone please rep Kirk for "Little Lord Stinky Shoes".

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    While I wouldn't want this to happen, the state should pass a law allowing local governments to pass gun control, however the laws would only apply to the residents of the municipality/county. All these mayors would just drop the issue because they know that passing ordinances that wouldn't apply to people visiting or passing through would either get them thrown out of office or have many law abiding productive members of society move to an area outside of their control. It would also cause people in unincorporated areas to be more likely to fight annexations in the future.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video]https://youtu.be/SqJ_4YhYMhE[/video]

I imagine Bloomington's mayor is similar to the folks in this vid. It's a little long, but worth the watch.

Edit: and i just saw the same vid posted in another thread, sorry.

He has a stronger stomach than I.

I especially liked the inclusion of Gersh and the reference to McVeigh.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I would just like to say poo-poo on Fox59 for not having people on our side defending our position. I hope this is an eye-opener for those who falsely believe that Fox News is on the side of conservatives.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I would just like to say poo-poo on Fox59 for not having people on our side defending our position. I hope this is an eye-opener for those who falsely believe that Fox News is on the side of conservatives.

Fox59 is not a part of Fox News or News Corp. They are owned by Tribune Broadcasting. They are simply the local Fox affiliate.

I would also point out that they tend to take a much more neutral approach to gun stories than others. Their goal is to get eyes on their show on the website, not to defend anyone's position.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom