• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Recently purchased onX to scout more public fishing spots in my area. I was just going around and found a bunch of public places that I was unaware of. First question does property owned by a city mean I can fish it if there’s access and there’s not any no fishing signs?

I’ve also driven past a pond going down 80/90, it’s a nice pond, and even has a pavilion. But when I got off 80/90 to check it out it’s chained and locked up. I just assumed it was private but according to onX it’s Indiana government lands. A google search comes up with nothing other than reviews saying it’s a camping/ fishing spot for toll road employees. That seems strange to me that it’s government owned land but only accessible to toll road employees. John D. Tax payer is restricted from accessing this park? The address is 52311 Co Rd 1 Granger, IN 46530, it’s called lake albert.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Recently purchased onX to scout more public fishing spots in my area. I was just going around and found a bunch of public places that I was unaware of. First question does property owned by a city mean I can fish it if there’s access and there’s not any no fishing signs?

I’ve also driven past a pond going down 80/90, it’s a nice pond, and even has a pavilion. But when I got off 80/90 to check it out it’s chained and locked up. I just assumed it was private but according to onX it’s Indiana government lands. A google search comes up with nothing other than reviews saying it’s a camping/ fishing spot for toll road employees. That seems strange to me that it’s government owned land but only accessible to toll road employees. John D. Tax payer is restricted from accessing this park? The address is 52311 Co Rd 1 Granger, IN 46530, it’s called lake albert.
    It could be a poorly signaged union perk. Kinda like the Teamsters lake north of I70 east of Indy.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Yes, this is Indiana state property. But it falls under the INDOT Toll Road property umbrella.
    And being under that umbrella it, along with the other Toll Road property and facilities were leased out to ITRCC, now part of IFM.

Owned by the state but leased to, controlled and operated by a private company.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Yes, this is Indiana state property. But it falls under the INDOT Toll Road property umbrella.
    And being under that umbrella it, along with the other Toll Road property and facilities were leased out to ITRCC, now part of IFM.

Owned by the state but leased to, controlled and operated by a private company.
    I originally found it in 05-06 which I believe predates the leasing of the toll road. It was still fenced and locked then.

Top Bottom