• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Some of you may not be aware of the decision made several weeks ago by the Indiana State Police notifying law enforcement, both city and sheriff, throughout Indiana that they would no longer accept fingerprint cards for handgun license applicants.
    This decision was to take effect July 1st. Applicants were going to have to make appointments with the company, MorfoTrust, that was contracted to do the electronic fingerprinting. This company has only 61 locations throughout the state, meaning not all of our 92 counties would have a location.

Some weeks ago I had received some phone calls from sheriff's offices around the state that were concerned about this change. I arranged a meeting with the Director of Records with the ISP in my office. I explained my apprehensions about this change and wanted to know more about MorfoTrust, which is headquartered in Massachusetts.

I had asked for a copy of the contract, and received it. The ISP was very co-operative in all of this. A week ago last Monday I spoke with ISP Superintendent Doug Carter about reversing this decision. Superintendent Carter was willing to help in the matter and this morning I received a copy of the letter that law enforcement and state agencies will get from the ISP explaining the decision to rescind.

What this means is that citizens will be able once again go to their locals for fingerprinting for handgun licenses. However, they can also opt to do the electronic fingerprinting if they so choose. I'm told the electronic method speeds up the application process.

Nevertheless, I appreciate all the co-operation I was given from those I spoke with at the ISP.

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    From our home it would be a 40+ mile round trip, only during the business week, with limited hours available, to get electronically fingerprinted.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Very nice work! Wish some of the northern reps would be as supportive in the firearm area as you are.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Glad to hear electronic fingerprinting speeds things up, wife did hers through, MORPHOS in Fishers (116th and Allisonville Rd) Mail Box etc, 7 Feb 2013, received it 90 days later 6 May 2013.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Now if we could only get the same thing done for electronic fingerprinting for a hazmat endorsement on my CDL. I just had to make a 140 mile round trip for a 10 minute visit for fingerprinting in a office located in fort wayne, IN.

Top Bottom