Indiana couple lost custody of their son for refusing to call him a girl - Anderson

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    When this happens in small Midwest towns, it is a bad indicator for the country as a whole.

There is no coming back when entire generations are indoctrinated to think nothing is stable, not even gender.

Russia, China, and the middle east are laughing.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    wow. What kind of fools do we have in powerful government positions? Wow. I am thinking BACA needs to visit some of these people.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    When this happens in small Midwest towns, it is a bad indicator for the country as a whole.

There is no coming back when entire generations are indoctrinated to think nothing is stable, not even gender.

Russia, China, and the middle east are laughing.

Some crazy stuff here. I was asked today on what the COA (course of action) should be on this and I simply don’t know.

Is there more damage to the child when parents force their beliefs onto the kids.?

Do parents just give up and disown their own?

What if it were your kids?

Is the unconditional love taught by some religions hypocritical?

Complex, controversial and confusing.

See you on the therapist couch.

Trapper

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I realize few people will and almost everyone will go off media reports based largely on the plaintiff's attorney's statement, but before forming an opinion read the decision from the first appeal:

Saying the issue is because they refused to call the child a girl is inaccurate. I doubt SCOTUS picks it up. They agreed to the child's removal in exchange for dropping other allegations and because everyone involved (except the child) believed the child had a dangerous eating disorder that was not properly treated.

While this could still be a case of gov't overreach and I'm sure some folks will see it both ways, I'd read the appeal and see the facts all parties agreed to before deciding it was about pronoun use.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I realize few people will and almost everyone will go off media reports based largely on the plaintiff's attorney's statement, but before forming an opinion read the decision from the first appeal:

Saying the issue is because they refused to call the child a girl is inaccurate. I doubt SCOTUS picks it up. They agreed to the child's removal in exchange for dropping other allegations and because everyone involved (except the child) believed the child had a dangerous eating disorder that was not properly treated.

While this could still be a case of gov't overreach and I'm sure some folks will see it both ways, I'd read the appeal and see the facts all parties agreed to before deciding it was about pronoun use.

I read the case. It was mostly about the fact that the boy wanted to pretend to be a girl. The parents refused to buy into that delusion, and the state took him away because of it. This is a terrible travesty of justice and absolutely unbelievable it has happened in Indiana. I'd expect as much in California, but not here!

"DCS received a report alleging that Mother was verbally and emotionally abusing then-sixteen-year-old Child by using rude and demeaning language toward Child regarding Child's transgender identity, "
    "DCS received a second report alleging that the Parents were verbally and emotionally abusing Child because they do not accept Child's transgender identity"
    "trial court cautioned the Parents to avoid discussing Child's transgender identity during visitation."
    "the trial court found a nexus between Child's mental health issues and Child and the Parents' disagreement regarding transgender identity;"

The eating disorder was something the parents were working to address, and it sounds like it got worse once the state took him away. They blame the eating disorder on the fact that the parents won't pretend he's a girl, which is both laughable and an egregious example of government overreach.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I read the case. It was mostly about the fact that the boy wanted to pretend to be a girl. The parents refused to buy into that delusion, and the state took him away because of it. This is a terrible travesty of justice and absolutely unbelievable it has happened in Indiana. I'd expect as much in California, but not here!

"DCS received a report alleging that Mother was verbally and emotionally abusing then-sixteen-year-old Child by using rude and demeaning language toward Child regarding Child's transgender identity, "
    "DCS received a second report alleging that the Parents were verbally and emotionally abusing Child because they do not accept Child's transgender identity"
    "trial court cautioned the Parents to avoid discussing Child's transgender identity during visitation."
    "the trial court found a nexus between Child's mental health issues and Child and the Parents' disagreement regarding transgender identity;"

The eating disorder was something the parents were working to address, and it sounds like it got worse once the state took him away. They blame the eating disorder on the fact that the parents won't pretend he's a girl, which is both laughable and an egregious example of government overreach.
    I suspect the yout was upset that they were being deadnamed and misgendered on purpose. Speech is literal violence, y'all.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington

Yep some jackasses right hear in Indiana need to lose their comfy government jobs.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    This stuff is simply out of control. The identity dysphoria is going to cause these victims a lot of issues (psychological?) in the future. However just as LGBTQ has been shoved down everyone’s throat, so too, will this woke gender identification BS be shoved down our throat. The question becomes: Is there any way to stop this BS?
    Unfortunately, it may just become it is what it is! Ouch! :runaway:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I read the case. It was mostly about the fact that the boy wanted to pretend to be a girl.

I note you didn't quote any of this:
    The FCM prepared a preliminary inquiry report (PIR), which indicated the following: Mother and Child both stated that Child had been suffering from an eating disorder for the past year but had yet to be evaluated by a medical professional; the Parents had withdrawn Child from school, and DCS was unaware of the family's intent to enroll Child in a new school for the upcoming school year; Child had been in therapy, but the Parents had discontinued it; Child did not feel mentally and/or emotionally safe in the home; Mother said things such as "[Child's preferred name] is the bitch that killed my son"; and Child "would be more likely to have thoughts of self-harm and suicide if [Child] were to return to the family home due to mental and emotional abuse." Id. at 14-15. The PIR also indicated that Mother stated that the family was planning to work with a doctor at a clinic for eating disorders, but Mother refused to sign any consents so that DCS could verify any medical concerns or past therapy services. Id. at 14.

I'm no fan of playing pretend in this regard, I've made my feelings clear on this before and see no reason to repeat it here. However, there's significantly more at play then just 'misgendering' if you read the case. Well, read the case and don't selectively pick the bits that reinforce one side and ignore the bits that don't.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Some crazy stuff here. I was asked today on what the COA (course of action) should be on this and I simply don’t know.

Is there more damage to the child when parents force their beliefs onto the kids.?

Trapper
    Are the parents responsible for the health and safety of a minor child? That answer will either bind the parents or free them of any and all liability.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Are the parents responsible for the health and safety of a minor child? That answer will either bind the parents or free them of any and all liability.

I don't think anyone disagrees they are *to a point*. Reasonable minds can differ on where the line is drawn, of course.

With *no other issues* the controversy becomes is it helpful or harmful to play along with gender dysphoria. Leaving my personal opinions to the side, what makes this specific case more complicated is the co-morbidities of suicial ideation and an eating disorder to the point of dangerous weight loss. So let's say you are of the belief to not play along but that makes the other two worse. I'm not a professional in this arena, but my thought is: You don't try to treat every condition simultaneously. Instead, you focus on them one by one, starting with the most serious. I would think suicidal ideation would be the first to be addressed given the ease at which that could render the other two moot. Then the eating disorder, as it could lead to death at a slower pace. Then the gender dysphoria.

I base this on the fact it's how medical triage and treatment work for physical injury/ailment. You don't try and treat cancer while controlling deadly bleeding. I fully admit I'm not a mental health professional, so if I'm off base on this I'd be open to correction by someone who is.

This case, the parents agreed to give the child to the state for treatment, the state now assumes that burden until the child is 18 or returned to the parent.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    I am sure there is more to the case that what we are seeing.

However, if a child says, "I am not a boy, I am a girl and you must treat me as such!" are the parents supposed to comply with this? I don't doubt that the State will.

What if the child says, "I am not a boy, I am a cat! You must provide me with cat food and kitty litter." Are the parents supposed to comply? If the State takes custody, will they comply?

What if the child says, "I am not a boy, I am the grand high Zultan from the planet Grog, and you must acquiesce to my every wish and do as I command!" Are the parents suppose to comply? Will the State?

At what point do you draw the line in mental disorders and stop enabling and begin treating them?

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis

Trapper

Force their beliefs on the kid? Or refuse to reinforce the transient delusion?

No therapy needed. The therapist will tell you your confusion is caused by you living as the wrong gender.

If the kid thinks he's a sea otter are the parents "forcing their beliefs" on the kid by refusing to feed him shellfish and release him into the ocean?

Your line of thought is part of the problem. You are attempting to subvert the idea that the parents should not reinforce delusion - either intentionally or unintentionally.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Force their beliefs on the kid? Or refuse to reinforce the transient delusion?

No therapy needed. The therapist will tell you your confusion is caused by you living as the wrong gender.

If the kid thinks he's a sea otter are the parents "forcing their beliefs" on the kid by refusing to feed him shellfish and release him into the ocean?

Your line of thought is part of the problem. You are attempting to subvert the idea that the parents should not reinforce delusion - either intentionally or unintentionally.
    So I guess the unanswered question is what would you do if it was your children?

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    This stuff is simply out of control. The identity dysphoria is going to cause these victims a lot of issues (psychological?) in the future. However just as LGBTQ has been shoved down everyone’s throat, so too, will this woke gender identification BS be shoved down our throat. The question becomes: Is there any way to stop this BS?
    Unfortunately, it may just become it is what it is! Ouch! :runaway:
    Well step 1!!!! Stop shoving things down people throats!

See what i did there??? :lmfao::lmfao:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I note you didn't quote any of this:

Yep. This MIGHT explain why the local media didnt give it much play. gender issues aside, this is worthy of serious investigation.

And the reason it is just now hitting the national media is they (unlike local media) are pushing a narrative and not including the relevant issues below.

Mother and Child both stated that Child had been suffering from an eating disorder for the past year but had yet to be evaluated by a medical professional; the Parents had withdrawn Child from school, and DCS was unaware of the family's intent to enroll Child in a new school for the upcoming school year; Child had been in therapy, but the Parents had discontinued it; Child did not feel mentally and/or emotionally safe in the home; Mother said things such as "[Child's preferred name] is the bitch that killed my son"

Its one thing to deny a child gender affirming care. Its another thing to ack that the kid has an eating disorder but then fail to seek medial attention for it. I can see that.

So I take the therapy removal and school withdrawal with a grain of salt.

1: as a homeschooler, were they actually homeschooling the kid? They dont say. Not saying they were/werent, but there is no mention. They could have said my son was being neglected because he only went to the fall semester of the 1st grade and we pulled him out with "no intent to re-enroll him" and started homeschooling 11 years ago. I would expect parents to show curriculum to counter that claim.

2: There is a good chance they pulled him from the therapist he was seeing for the eating disorder because the therapist bought into the theory that the DSM is wrong and transgenderism should be encouraged.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom