• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We've owned a bunch over the years and are down to just one right now, which is also the first BMW we ever bought. 98% of BMW drivers are no different than any other driver out there, but there are some that somehow think that by buying a BMW, they've somehow 'arrived' and should be given special road privileges. I imagine those numbers are shared by other manufacturers too but a prick in a BMW sticks in the mind more so than a prick in a Honda
    I live near a major college campus. LOTS of foreign students and professors. LOTS of BMW's and other upscale cars driven by people who are completely incompetent on the public roadways. Little problems like traffic lights, multiple lane roads, stop signs, yielding to others right of way and construction zones are completely beyond their understanding.

A premium car is not equal to a premium driver.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I live near a major college campus. LOTS of foreign students and professors. LOTS of BMW's and other upscale cars driven by people who are completely incompetent on the public roadways. Little problems like traffic lights, multiple lane roads, stop signs, yielding to others right of way and construction zones are completely beyond their understanding.

A premium car is not equal to a premium driver.
    I wonder how many will be getting a break on their student loans...

Edit: If they're foreign students, they may actually value a good education (read STEM). They'll probably be able to pay for it.

Colts Ironman

Sua Sponte, Rangers Lead the Way
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 22, 2021
    NW Indianapolis
    Just seeing this thread. I'm gonna have to start taking photos. You wouldn't believe how many expired temp tags I've seen! Saw one last week that expired in January and the dude was just riding around like it's nothing. Music up loud, car beat all to h%ll. I've probably counted 20 with more than a month old expiration in the last month.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Just seeing this thread. I'm gonna have to start taking photos. You wouldn't believe how many expired temp tags I've seen! Saw one last week that expired in January and the dude was just riding around like it's nothing. Music up loud, car beat all to h%ll. I've probably counted 20 with more than a month old expiration in the last month.
    Yeah and no insurance to boot.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I see expired plates (not temp tags) all the time. Obviously it's not a priority for enforcement.

I Love Bourbon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    I have a vanity plate on my truck, it's 3 letters and the last 2 are MF but it doesn't stand for anything to do with anyone's mother. BMV never blinked an eye....

Top Bottom