Carroll County

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    this is pretty sweet if we can get it to pass.

Not my best work, but gets the point across:

I encourage Senator/Representative so and so to support HB1117 in an effort to protect the second amendment from the gross federal overreach we're seeing now with the BATF and the DOJ trying to change the definition of braced pistols to short barreled rifles overnight. This overreach will not stop until the second amendment has been effectively abolished by legislative and administrative restrictions by unaccountable bureaucracies.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Wow! This is exciting news. Big thanks to OP for turning me on to the tenthamendmentcenter website. I wasn't previously aware of it. Since this type of legislation has passed in other states (Missouri was noted) it shouldn't be viewed as fringe by the scaredy-cat state legislators. Now my glass half-empty view: Holcomb is in office until 2025. I'd be stunned, Stunned! if he actually signed this. I'm not sure who is on the House Committee for Courts and Codes. Obviously any and all D's on that committee will be a hard no vote. Lastly, I worry the fed will backdoor their BS via the FFL license. Indiana might not ban or enforce limits on magazine round counts if this passes, but couldn't the fed crush the FFL if they dared to sell a magazine that held more rounds than federally permissible? Kinda like the fed could theoretically roll into Michigan and frog march MJ shops? Fingers crossed this bill gets some traction in our state house!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I sent the following to my Representative and Senator:
    Dear [Honorable, Senator] XXXXX,
    I support the passage of House Bill 1117 to protect the U.S. Constitution 2nd Amendment, which has been under relentless attack to erode it into non-existence by the Biden Administration, his Department of Justice, the BATFE, and Democrats in Congress. The State of Indiana should not be doing anything to enable, facilitate, or assist in Federal Government enforcement of Federal Laws or CFRs that infringe on the right of lawful citizens to keep and bear arms. It's my expectation that you will support and vote for passage of this bill. A clear message MUST be sent to the Federal Government that the several states will NOT tolerate Federal Government infringement on the Inalienable Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Sincerely,
    [Full Name]

Emo66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2021
    Valparaiso
    Oohh, I like it! Hope you don’t mind, I copied it verbatim to send. I never know if those do any good, as I have never heard back from the state house on any correspondence I sent down there. But I’ll keep trying.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Oohh, I like it! Hope you don’t mind, I copied it verbatim to send. I never know if those do any good, as I have never heard back from the state house on any correspondence I sent down there. But I’ll keep trying.
    Thanks. I got an automated form email response from my [edit] state senator almost immediately . . . but that's all I've ever gotten from him by email or letter mail. I may call his office next week -- which will undoubtedly be answered by a staffer, if not an answering machine. My Rep will hopefully be more responsive -- but understand the deluge they receive with limited staff and time to sift through it all.

Last edited:

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    The problem I see with this bill is that the FEDS still have power to enforce their laws and rules, and would likely do it just to be vindictive towards us heathens. Also, all the FED has to do is say "we will give INDIANA $XXXX for (insert state needs) if you will assist us with prosecution efforts" (the carrot). Kind of like they did with withholding (the stick) the highway funds for the 55 MPH speed limit and the .08 BAC limit, oh and the seat belt law.

It will be interesting, just like other states ignoring the federal Marijuana laws.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Sent email to my Rep in the U.S. House asking for public support of HB 1117 with the General Assembly to encourage its passage. These folks know each other within the party. Hopefully can help lean more on getting it through the Assembly to the Governor.
    Dear Honorable [U.S. House Rep Name],

I am writing you about Indiana House Bill 1117 (Second Amendment Preservation Act). While you are my [Congressman/Congresswoman] in the U.S. House of Representatives, I know your voice can carry weight and influence in the Indiana General Assembly with individual representatives and senators, if not the entire Assembly. The current Congress, with Joe Biden in the Oval Office, will not be able to rein in his DoJ and BATFE from their relentless attacks on the 2nd Amendment to erode it into non-existence. While the U.S. House can pass legislation to do so, it would never pass in the U.S. Senate, and Biden would veto it even if it did -- after which you'd never see 2/3 of both houses overriding his veto. In short, it's not going to happen in Congress. In the meantime, the wheels of the Federal Courts grind on extremely slowly, taking years for cases to arrive at the Supreme Court. Joe Biden, his DoJ and BATFE all know this, with the hope they can do long term damage to the 2nd Amendment that would take years to recover from.

Indiana House Bill 1117 would bar Indiana state agencies and employees from doing anything to enable, facilitate, or assist in Federal Government enforcement of Federal Laws or CFRs that infringe on the right of lawful citizens to keep and bear arms. If it's not also an Indiana Statute, they cannot aid any Federal enforcement. I hope you will publicly lend your support for the passage of Indiana House Bill 1117 to help protect Hoosiers' Inalienable Right to Keep and Bear Arms. It needs all the support possible to ensure it progresses through the committees and reaches the floor for a vote in both Assembly houses.

Sincerely,
    [Full Name]

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The problem I see with this bill is that the FEDS still have power to enforce their laws and rules, and would likely do it just to be vindictive towards us heathens. Also, all the FED has to do is say "we will give INDIANA $XXXX for (insert state needs) if you will assist us with prosecution efforts" (the carrot). Kind of like they did with withholding (the stick) the highway funds for the 55 MPH speed limit and the .08 BAC limit, oh and the seat belt law.

It will be interesting, just like other states ignoring the federal Marijuana laws.
    The pursuit of what you mentioned wasn't by Executive Order or by Agency CFRs. It was by Act of Congress, and it applied to all the states, not the ones deemed to be recalcitrant. Since it involves $$$, only the House of Reps can introduce such enticement in an appropriation bill. The Oval Office attempting this without Congressional authorization, and withholding funds appropriated to states would result in a motion for Writ of Mandamus in the Federal Courts to force releasing the funds as a Ministerial Duty, not a Discretionary one.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom