Indiana Bill allowing no one to touch indiana produced guns, accessories, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick4562

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Came across this on the Indiana General Assembly. SB0130
    DIGEST OF INTRODUCED BILL​

Indiana firearms freedom act. Provides that a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that: (1) is manufactured commercially or privately in Indiana from basic materials; (2) can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state; and (3) remains within the borders of Indiana; is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce.

I can only hope this is not too good to be true.

Indiana General Assembly

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    dupe

Also, the federal government has rejected the MFFA, with the ATF informing any FFL that performing the sale of a firearm, whether manufactured in their state or not without a proper NICS check would constitute a crime, and that they would be prosecuted. A federal court also tossed the lawsuit out of court for lack of cause. These bills (and many states have them) are really just chest thumping.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    dupe

Also, the federal government has rejected the MFFA, with the ATF informing any FFL that performing the sale of a firearm, whether manufactured in their state or not without a proper NICS check would constitute a crime, and that they would be prosecuted. A federal court also tossed the lawsuit out of court for lack of cause. These bills (and many states have them) are really just chest thumping.

Perhaps at the moment, but if a majority of states tell Washington to **** off, we may see some change for the better.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    So, where can I buy an Indiana firearm? Who is making these and are they real guns or glorified zipguns?

If there is not a company manufacturing decent firearms based in Indiana, then what does a new law like this matter?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So, where can I buy an Indiana firearm? Who is making these and are they real guns or glorified zipguns?

If there is not a company manufacturing decent firearms based in Indiana, then what does a new law like this matter?

Absolutely nothing. Besides, a Federal court will probably rule that your credit card, check or even cash payment would some how turn this into an interstate transaction subject to the Commerce Clause. Or some other BS reason to find it meaningless...

Someone else called it chest-thumping. That's pretty much it.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I would love to see Indiana woo those gun manufacturers in the anti- gun states( like Colt,Ruger and Springfield Armory to name a few) to come here

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY

What I'm saying is that in Montana right now, or Tennessee, or Arizona, or any other of the several states that ALREADY HAVE THESE LAWS they will comply with federal law before transferring a firearm whether or not the firearm is 100% manufactured in that state. Interpret it any way you want.

Perhaps at the moment, but if a majority of states tell Washington to **** off, we may see some change for the better.

Who knows? Sure would be nice to get the federal monkey off everyone's back. I'm just not hopeful.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    I would like to see it pass, even if it is chest thumping. It would still send a message to the statists that not all of us want to be reared like children.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Who knows? Sure would be nice to get the federal monkey off everyone's back. I'm just not hopeful.

Getting the federal monkey off your back means leaving the federal money out of your pocket. Few states, if any, have the political will and budgetary discipline to do so.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    The only federal money that should be going to states anyway is highway money. The Interstate system is a Federal Highway system. And as one of the enumerated powers of the federal government is the establishment of post roads, federal dollars used in maintenance of Interstate Highways only is approproiate.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I would like to see it pass, even if it is chest thumping. It would still send a message to the statists that not all of us want to be reared like children.

Here's a map of states which have either passed such legislation, introduced such legislation, intend to, or don't give a damn. With little to no surprise, the states that don't give a damn for the most part are the ones who hate firearms anyway.

The map I think dates from December of last year.

map.gif

Nick4562

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    I have a feeling if this was to pass in this state there would be manufacture's popping up in Indiana. Also if other states are doing it then maybe D.C. will get a clue.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Chest thumping or not, it makes me proud to live in Indiana as opposed to the communist state to our west. The message alone should tell DC that some of us still can't stand Odumbo and his pathetic Chicago-style politics.

Top Bottom