• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I doubt the legitimacy of some of these more elaborate videos. They seem too staged.

Sure, it’s not a stretch to code your own tainted files and record the audio of one of these guys getting hacked by your virus you got the to steal from your desktop.

But to figure out a call center location, hack their cameras, hack their hr database to know the agents real names and then get them to call you when you are ready?, too many variable to pass the sniff test.

It’s likely as staged as that YouTuber plane crash.

But it doesn’t mean they aren’t entertaining videos. (EDIT: Fantasy, reality based fiction is entertaining)

Last edited:

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I follow a couple of these guys on YouTube, such as Kitboga and ScammerPayback. It is so disgusting how scammers operate, but it is so satisfying to watch these YouTubers turn the tables on them.
    One of the best videos, is where ScammerPayBack got asked... "Are you Kitboga?"
    He was surprised and honored at the same time.
    IRLrosie is another good channel, she does great voices.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I doubt the legitimacy of some of these more elaborate videos. They seem too staged.

Sure, it’s not a stretch to code your own tainted files and record the audio of one of these guys getting hacked by your virus you got the to steal from your desktop.

But to figure out a call center location, hack their cameras, hack their hr database to know the agents real names and then get them to call you when you are ready?, too many variable to pass the sniff test.

But it doesn’t mean they aren’t entertaining videos. (EDIT: Fantasy, reality based fiction is entertaining)
    You hit the nail on the head. These types of "hacker" videos are as fake as my good intentions!

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN

I'm sure there may be some out there that are fake, but I'm pretty sure the two I mentioned above are legit.
    Scammer Payback collaborates with a lot of other high tech guru types/anti-scammer guys and they are able to do some pretty amazing stuff.

This video was particularly enjoyable (and seemed legit to me).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm sure there may be some out there that are fake, but I'm pretty sure the two I mentioned above are legit.
    Scammer Payback collaborates with a lot of other high tech guru types/anti-scammer guys and they are able to do some pretty amazing stuff.

And I'm not saying some guy couldnt have pulled one off with inside help. But the sheer number of these doesnt jive with reality.
    Couple that with click based profits, and there is hella incentive to fake stuff to get clicks.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Scammer Payback is the first one I stumbled on, and I believe he's legit. I particularly enjoy the ones where he modifies his voice to be an old lady.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Scammer Payback is the first one I stumbled on, and I believe he's legit. I particularly enjoy the ones where he modifies his voice to be an old lady.

Kitboga does the same thing. I love all the random crap he says in his old lady persona that has nothing to do with the scam. He constantly interrupts them with just ridiculous banter. He makes them so mad and takes up so much of their time, to the point that they start cussing him out pretty bad. To think these scumbags would talk to anyone that way, especially a "confused old lady", makes me totally agree with the solution being discussed above. :ar15:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    One of the best was when Dana Loesch yanked the chain of a scammer. Dragged them along forever and convinced them that she had bought the gift card for payment.
    She gave them a rando 16 digit number. When they asked her to scratch the pin cover off and give them the code underneath she started spelling out "go F*** yourself" (or something similar) :lmfao:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Even if it's real, it's about as effective as the war on drugs at stopping them. Far too profitable and too little risk from a couple youtubers in another country to deter them.

I keep getting calls about suspicious activity on my coinbase account (except I don't have one). The last call I agreed that there was suspicious activity... from him trying to scam me. after half a dozen confirmations he told me to stop being smart with him before he was cut off.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    One of the best was when Dana Loesch yanked the chain of a scammer. Dragged them along forever and convinced them that she had bought the gift card for payment.
    She gave them a rando 16 digit number. When they asked her to scratch the pin cover off and give them the code underneath she started spelling out "go F*** yourself" (or something similar) :lmfao:
    That's Kitboga's specialty. The scammer has him (as an old lady) go out and buy some sort of gift card. He drags them along while he's supposedly driving to the store. He then does the whole deal where he gives them the card number but then he goes and enters the card along with the pin number on the computer, rendering it useless to the scammer. They get so pissed!! It is priceless to witness.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    If you're bored and want to see some pranks done against scammers, check out Mark Rober. He's a former NASA engineer who worked in their Jet Propulsion Laboratory and helped get the Curiosity rover on Mars. He does all kinds of cool stuff on his YouTube channel. He also owns CrunchLabs, which is a monthly STEM toy subscription box for kids. I don't know the cost, but it looks pretty cool.

Anywho, he engaged in shenanigans against scammers and hilarity ensued.

Top Bottom