• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I haven't been on here much lately, just been very busy.

One part of that is that I'll be attending a local Indianapolis Area Science Fiction Convention, InConJunction XXIX, not just attending, I'll be participating in a number of discussion panels. My schedule, as of the moment (subject to change by the convention committee) is:

Panel name: How Would You Bring About The End of the World?
    Times: Fri 05:00 pm - Fri 06:00 pm
    Room: Suite 6
    Copanelists: Michael Z. Williamson, Mike Suess

Panel name: Friend Me: Social Media and Science Fiction
    Times: Sat 10:00 am - Sat 11:00 am
    Copanelists: Tracey Rollison, Jason Sizemore, John Belden

Panel name: SF and the Military
    Times: Sat 03:00 pm - Sat 04:00 pm
    Room: Theater
    Copanelists: Michael Z. Williamson, John Belden, Timothy Lane, Scott Hann

Panel name: Mistakes Beginning Writers Make
    Times: Sat 07:00 pm - Sat 08:00 pm
    Room: Suite 15
    Copanelists: Michael Z. Williamson, Rosemary Laurey, Lou Harry, Steven Marsh, Jason Sizemore, James S. Dorr

Panel name: I've Got This Great Opening. Now What?
    Times: Sun 10:00 am - Sun 11:00 am
    Copanelists: E. E. Knight, Rosemary Laurey, Scott Hann, Darwin A. Garrison

Panel name: Cave Men and Dinosaurs to Faster Than Light Travel/Communications
    Times: Sun 11:00 am - Sun 12:00 pm
    Copanelists: E. E. Knight

Panel name: Pirates
    Times: Sun 12:00 pm - Sun 01:00 pm
    Room: Suite 3
    Copanelists: Veronica Rich, Michael Z. Williamson, John Belden

Panel name: If You Build It, The Ideas Will Come
    Times: Sun 03:00 pm - Sun 04:00 pm
    Copanelists: E. E. Knight, Michael Z. Williamson, Rosemary Laurey, James S. Dorr, Michael West, Stephen Zimmer, Darwin A. Garrison
    Note the name "Michael Z. Williamson" in a number of those panels. Mike is a friend of mine, currently local to the Indianapolis area (Born a Brit, then emigrated to Canada, then to the US, where he's been in the US Military--active and reserves--for something like 24 years now). He's very "pro-gun" and describes himself as an "anarchist of the bomb-throwing type" (I call him a "moderate" ;)).

Given the line-up that I see, those look like they'll be some interesting panel discussions. Anybody who's interested should come on out. Cost is $45 for the entire weekend or one-day passes ($15 for Friday or Sunday, $25 for Saturday). Note: all I get from the convention is a free membership (as a professionally published author participating in these panels, I'm basically part of the entertainment). So have pity on the poor starving artist/writer. ;)

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    David,

Man, does that bring back memories! InCon on the Fourth and StarBase after Thanksgiving. Wife and I made most of both of them from '85 through the mid 90s. We GAFIATEd about the time InCon moved north. Since you've been published in Analog you'll get this, my first InCon Stan Schmidt was the GOH, great guy, very easy to talk to. He had just published Marc Stiegler's first story 'The Gentle Seduction'. Which since you are involved with AFM you may have read as well.

That first panel, I would make sure to get an end seat, wouldn't want to have my back to either Mike or Michael! :) I know Michael, Mike was a good con buddy at one time. Please tell him Ed and Shannon pass their warmest regards.

Now we might make a run up, if we do I'll track you down.

Hawkhavn

Do you think an INGO hat would go over well???

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    It's a well-known fact that the coolest people are all of British ancestry.:D

Only the ones who were smart enough to get out.

"Major, we already run the misfits outta our country. We sent 'em back to England." (Matthew Quigley)

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Do you think an INGO hat would go over well???

I can't promise you anything in particular, but I can say there are three INGO members on the InConJunction committee (myself included).

Of course, we would have a long way to go to be the most firearm-owner-friendly science fiction convention. That title would have to go to Penguicon, a Detroit-area con that for years has organized a Friday morning, con-sponsored shooting range trip under the title of "Geeks With Guns". I've gone to it twice myself. It's a lot of fun.

P Starr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hey Guys, I'm going to be at the convention as well. Mostly running the Masquerade but I am doing a panel today making this (it's called Extermination by Chocolate):
    HPIM0471.jpg

Top Bottom