• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    The local public school has sent home a pamphlet with a form and a letter describing an Indiana Department of Education requirement for schools to provide race and ethnicity data from students and staff. If the form is not completed a designee from the school will observed the student(s) and select racial and ethnic categories on your behalf.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I got one. By the way, the schools apparently think Spanish speaking is a race, while being black is an ethnicity, at least on the form I received. Makes you wonder about the quality of education our kids are getting as well as what the hell they're doing categorizing everyone by race/ethnicity. The one I received also said if you don't return it, they'll just decide on their own where your kid fits. I threw it away.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    While signing up my son for school this year this information was requested. I refused. The person collecting the information scanned it for completeness before putting it in the pile and remarked, "You forgot this information." I said, "No, I didn't." She said, "That's okay, we'll fill it in for you."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I don't know for sure.

That issue is the least of the problems for us with this public school. We have considered many options over the course of this year.

Want a little example? Or two?

How about the kid they found masturbating behind the curtain on the stage yesterday. The stage is in the common area that is used for lunches.

Or the (not the same one) kid that was busted 6-8 weeks ago for standing on the sink in one of the boys bathrooms for masturbating?

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Not knowing what they are doing with the information makes it harder to determine is it better to fill in the correct information, or allow someone else to fill it in as they 'see fit'. Are the schools getting more money or less depending on the numbers of whichever category of students are submitted. What difference are these answers making for what end?

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't know for sure.

That issue is the least of the problems for us with this public school. We have considered many options over the course of this year.

Want a little example? Or two?

How about the kid they found masturbating behind the curtain on the stage yesterday. The stage is in the common area that is used for lunches.

Or the (not the same one) kid that was busted 6-8 weeks ago for standing on the sink in one of the boys bathrooms for masturbating?

Man, what's wrong with these kids today? Why can't they just show some common decency and masturbate in the stalls like back in the good ole' days. :yesway:

Top Bottom