• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sigh, having the sticker visible is against department policy. Like it or not, it's against the rules and he will probably get a day off for it. We all know to watch what we say in public about politics. I have had countless people come up to me while I was in uniform and try to talk politics, I have to be short and make sure I do not comment. He knew the risk. Lets not turn this into a hate fest.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    If I had to guess he shouldn't get more than a letter of reprimand in his file, and rightly so for something as minor as this. Anything other would be ridiculous.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Isn't that a little severe? For a laps in judgement.

+1

The officer, as a human, is entitled to make mistakes. Obviously an effort is made to minimize them, but they do happen.

Being that it was on the "public's" property, I can understand the department's policy. However, are people suggesting that he's no longer fit for his job because of this? Haven't we all made silly misjudgements in our own professions? The only thing this guy hurt was someone's feelings.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    General consensus:

1. Don't like Obama, agree with the sentiment.

2. Shouldn't be using a taxpayer-funded car and a taxpayer-funded computer to advance a personal political agenda, even if I happen to agree with it.

3. On his own private car? Go for it.

4. Firing him for a minor infraction that did no harm other than bunch up a Commie's panties is over-reaction. This is a slap-on-the-wrist type offense, and that is the degree of punishment it merits.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    General consensus:

1. Don't like Obama, agree with the sentiment.

2. Shouldn't be using a taxpayer-funded car and a taxpayer-funded computer to advance a personal political agenda, even if I happen to agree with it.

3. On his own private car? Go for it.

4. Firing him for a minor infraction that did no harm other than bunch up a Commie's panties is over-reaction. This is a slap-on-the-wrist type offense, and that is the degree of punishment it merits.

PERFECT!!!! :yesway: :rockwoot: :patriot:

:cheers:

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I'm a state employee. I have a state issued vehicle. The only stickers I can place on this vehcle is an E-85 sticker. American flags and state flags are "overlooked". No political statements of any kind.

Top Bottom