• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    +1 for the officer if it was on his private vehicle.

On a taxpayer supplied vehicle, and not his property, it probably wasn't the brightest move.

Though if I were him I'd be tempted to plaster my private car with a few "He's No Messiah" posters and park it where those office workers can look at the signs all day long :D

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    "Officers are also prohibited from installing boom boxes, excessive window tinting or objects that dangle from the rear-view mirror."

Well whats the fun of having a "boom box" in your cruiser when you can't have your flava-flav clock hanging from the rear-view mirror?:stickpoke:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Good for the officer, that took some balls. I know some would say "or a lack of brains" but I disagree. I understand he shouldn't have used state property to express his views, as "controversial" :rolleyes: as they may be, but the lefties won another little victory.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I see State police vehicles every day with the same illegal tint on ALL the windows that they have ticketed our limo drivers for. The rules it would seem do not apply to them. I can't imagine those poor people having to stand by and watch this guy exercise the First Amendment. How terrible for them.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I see State police vehicles every day with the same illegal tint on ALL the windows that they have ticketed our limo drivers for. The rules it would seem do not apply to them. I can't imagine those poor people having to stand by and watch this guy exercise the First Amendment. How terrible for them.

What? Cops are crooked and do illegal things? When did this start happening? I know the cops around us use the top level of a parking garage for smoking pot and drinking, but who's going to stop them? Yet, they'll pull you over for doing 5 over the speed limit on a road that is illegally marked too slow. (Yes, that's true. The state actually got so many complaints about the speed trap that they made the locals raise the limit.)

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    What? Cops are crooked and do illegal things? When did this start happening? I know the cops around us use the top level of a parking garage for smoking pot and drinking, but who's going to stop them? Yet, they'll pull you over for doing 5 over the speed limit on a road that is illegally marked too slow. (Yes, that's true. The state actually got so many complaints about the speed trap that they made the locals raise the limit.)

How do you know? Have you been there with them?
    Just by the way the police don't set the speed limits.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    As most can tell, I'm not a big fan of cops from my post on here. But this is retarded. This cop had every right to put it in his car. I'm sure a lot of you work and have an office and I'm sure you also put personal effects in this office. The cops car is his office. People need to mind their business and stop having such thin skin. I see Obama stickers all the time and I don't like it, but its their freedom to do so.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Impeach Obama

I wonder if these workers that turned the officer in would have done the same thing if the sticker said "Impeach Bush" or are they just convienently offended when the sticker went against their point of view?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I wonder if these workers that turned the officer in would have done the same thing if the sticker said "Impeach Bush" or are they just convienently offended when the sticker went against their point of view?
    Of course not if his view were the popular view no one would have said anything.. However I understand it is against department policy and against the rules so therefore out of place. So peel the sticker off and get over it..No harm no foul. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way they will probably unjustly rake this guy over the coals and make his life hell over something that is truly not a big deal. That's the way they like to do it. I always say watch out for THEM or THEY cause THEY love DRAMA at OTHER peoples expense...JC

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I say we all go stand outside the office building with signs saying Impeach The "Messiah" and see how they like that! LOL

+1 for the officer.

And yes, I've seen officers smoke pot, sell pot, and let people go with pot. Who When Where and Why I will not state. Don't believe me I don't care. I know it's true and that's all that matters. Does that make them bad cops? IMHO, no. Just like they let people slide with 65-70 in a 55 zone, not enforcing a bad law is just like a soldier disobeying an illegal order. Period.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Two reasons why that cop is an idiot....

I equate this to the stupidity of lots of folks walking around with the beanie skull caps that say "obama 44th president".

HELLO?!?!?!?! morons, he isn't president YET. IMO the cop is an idiot for putting an impeachment sticker up before the guy has even taken office.

He should also be fired for putting a political statement on a vehicle owned by the people of Indianapolis.

I don't care if it's impeach bush, obama or yomama. That sort of stupidity should not be placed on anyones company car, let alone one owned by public.

I say fire his sorry @ss if he doesn't have the sense to know better.

On a side note, had this been his personal vehicle I'd be in 100% support of the cop to put what he wants on his POV.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Two reasons why that cop is an idiot....

I equate this to the stupidity of lots of folks walking around with the beanie skull caps that say "obama 44th president".

HELLO?!?!?!?! morons, he isn't president YET. IMO the cop is an idiot for putting an impeachment sticker up before the guy has even taken office.

He should also be fired for putting a political statement on a vehicle owned by the people of Indianapolis.

I don't care if it's impeach bush, obama or yomama. That sort of stupidity should not be placed on anyones company car, let alone one owned by public.

I say fire his sorry @ss if he doesn't have the sense to know better.

On a side note, had this been his personal vehicle I'd be in 100% support of the cop to put what he wants on his POV.

Isn't that a little severe? For a laps in judgment. What should we do if some one blows a .08 when they get pulled over? Execute them on the side of the road?.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom