• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Has anyone noticed the IMPD presence on 465 - east side? Several cars are staggered every two or so miles with back lights on. I haven’t seen any with customers pulled over so it must be an attempt to enforce the speed limit through presence. Searching through INGO to see if someone already covered this, it appears it must occur every couple of years… Almost like cicadas!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Has anyone noticed the IMPD presence on 465 - east side? Several cars are staggered every two or so miles with back lights on. I haven’t seen any with customers pulled over so it must be an attempt to enforce the speed limit through presence. Searching through INGO to see if someone already covered this, it appears it must occur every couple of years… Almost like cicadas!
    It's for the construction zone from around 30th up to 71st. Just a cautionary procedure since they've got 465 down to 2 lanes there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wish I could avoid the east side but since they started making us come to the office every Monday I can't. :crying: But I do have alternate routes to avoid most of the 465 crap. Takes a few minutes longer, but well worth it in avoiding the frustration.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's not working.

:):
    At least we dont have the idiots running 90+ anymore to slam into the back of the stopped traffic.

I'm just glad they arent enforcing 55 anymore for the most part. Outside of rush hour, 465 is more than capable of handling 70mph traffic.

The only people I see pulled over are the ones doing 80+ and driving recklessly.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    At least we dont have the idiots running 90+ anymore to slam into the back of the stopped traffic.

I'm just glad they arent enforcing 55 anymore for the most part. Outside of rush hour, 465 is more than capable of handling 70mph traffic.

The only people I see pulled over are the ones doing 80+ and driving recklessly.
    Traffic was running about 75 mph yesterday right past the patrol car parked on the shoulder at I-465 and I-74 yesterday. Not sure why they started with a car there, it's a bit early to be trying to slow down traffic for a construction zone at I-465 and Pendleton Pike.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Traffic was running about 75 mph yesterday right past the patrol car parked on the shoulder at I-465 and I-74 yesterday. Not sure why they started with a car there, it's a bit early to be trying to slow down traffic for a construction zone at I-465 and Pendleton Pike.
    Listening to traffic as I get ready for work, some days the backup is getting down to Brookville rd and beyond. One report last week he said it was so bad it was a 107 minute delay.

But I agree they shouldnt be down there ALL the time. Only during rush hour.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Listening to traffic as I get ready for work, some days the backup is getting down to Brookville rd and beyond. One report last week he said it was so bad it was a 107 minute delay.

But I agree they shouldnt be down there ALL the time. Only during rush hour.
    Last Monday I just got off on Shadeland and took it all the way up to Pendleton Pike. Only took me about 10 minutes longer than usual and no traffic headaches.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Last Monday I just got off on Shadeland and took it all the way up to Pendleton Pike. Only took me about 10 minutes longer than usual and no traffic headaches.
    I made two runs from 56th to Ikea last week. Neither was bad around lunch time. It only seems bad in the mornings.
    Though at 8am google told me it would be 5 minutes faster to take Sargent road all the way. LOL

Top Bottom