• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    From IMPD Chief Spears:

It has been one year since Officer Jason Fishburn was severely injured in the line of duty. On Thursday, July 10, 2008, Jason was pursuing a suspect wanted for investigation in multiple murder cases. During his pursuit of this suspect, Officer Fishburn was shot twice.

Since his injury, Jason has made remarkable progress. His recovery has been nothing short of miraculous. Jason and his family serve as living examples to us all of the power of prayer, faith, and the will to survive.

Uncertainty about the future was replaced with trust in God’s plan for Jason. Worry, grief, and anxiety were replaced with faith and confidence that Jason’s hand is firmly held by God and He would see him through this difficult time.

Jason has made remarkable progress, but he is still healing. When he was injured, I asked members of our Department and all citizens of our city to pray for Jason. The outpouring of care and concern for Jason and his family has been overwhelming.

I ask you all to continue to remember Jason in your prayers and your support for him. Jason stood behind those who needed help and care. Now, we must stand strongly behind him. Let us continue Jason’s work and fight the good fight.

Let’s honor Jason through continued prayer and by performing our duties with courage that is born of loyalty, honor, integrity, and a rededication to protect the citizens we serve with such pride. I am very proud of every member of this police department. I want nothing but the best for each one of you.

Jason’s injuries are a reminder of the hazards police officers encounter on a daily basis as they provide protection and assistance to the citizens of Indianapolis. I pray regularly for you and especially for your safety. Please take care of yourselves and one another.

Thank you again for your devotion to a life and career of care for and protection of others. I am honored to serve with you.

With respect and gratitude,

Mike Spears
    Chief of Police

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I still wear the shirt and still say the prayers...

On a lighter note... Public Servant, you need to spread out your posts, I have wanted to rep you at least 5 times today...but can't.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I wear my "Prayers for Fish" shirt with honor and pride and even though I have never met him in person......I think and pray for him often.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I saw Jason last week at the academy. His recovery really has been miraculous and I'm blown away when I see him walking and talking after what he's been through.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I will definitely keep him and the other policemen around the state in my prayers. God does work miracles when you have faith. And this is one good example of that.

Top Bottom