• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I can't hold my tongue any longer but I can't say it to who I want to so INGO has to be my vice. Me and my wife are 21 with a 5 year old and another due any day. But we are more composed tham both her mother and step father. They live with his mom he does nothing but sleep all day and her mom does nothing but try and get pity from everyone. They fight and bicker like they are 16. But the worst part is their adorable 2 yo son who has to witness this horribly disfunctional relationship. He will wear the same outfit for days on end., conOther things I don't even want to put on thos forum. Its to the point I want take them to court for custody. Atleast I have a steady full time job and we own our house. End of rant

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Hang in there, man. Handle your business and remain diligent. It won't be like this forever.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You can offer to watch the kid from time to time. It would give him a chance to see things can be done differently.
    Kids are smart. You don't have to tell the kid his parents are Springer candidates. He can figure it out on his own. And if he has a better example of how to live, he might learn something from you.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm guessing I see one of those you describe weekly in the ER :)

As was said above, hang in there. Good modeling behavior is what that kid needs to see.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Thanks guys. We make sure we watch him as much as possible. Like tonight took him trick or treating took him to dinner made sure he had a good time. I think this weekend we're gonna take him for a few days.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Thanks guys. We make sure we watch him as much as possible. Like tonight took him trick or treating took him to dinner made sure he had a good time. I think this weekend we're gonna take him for a few days.

Did you took him to punctuation school?? :laugh:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like you're doing all you can. It always frustrates me when I see children in this situation, but one can only do so much. The fact that you and your wife are there for him to help stabilize his life will do more for him than you can imagine. With a little persistance I'm sure he will figure it out on his own. Until then, just keep being the rock that keeps him steady.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Did you took him to punctuation school?? :laugh:

It sounds like exposure to less than perfect grammar is so far down this kid's list of issues that it will never see the light of day.

:+1: to the OP for being willing to invest time and effort into this child who appears to be otherwise neglected.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Does the child get any love, attention or affection at home? It sounds like he is being neglected. A call to CPS might be a good place to start so the neglect can be documented if you do decide to try to get custody of him. Perhaps if CPS thinks he is in danger they will remove him & try to place him with other family members, perhaps even your family. If nothing else maybe it will be a wake up call to his worthless parents & make them grow the hell up and get their heads out of their self-centered butts.

Do they love him or do they consider him to be a burden? The parents sound pretty worthless. Does the grandma pay any attention to the baby? Every child deserves to be loved, I have to agree that you & your wife would be better parents and seeking custody should be considered if the situation does not improve.

Whatever you do, please do not let this little boy fall through the cracks. God bless you and your wife for caring so much about him.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I thought about cps. But the last thing I want is people to get in trouble. I know they love him but more times than not they love themselves more. I think me and my wife should have a sit down with them see if that can get the ball rolling.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I thought about cps. But the last thing I want is people to get in trouble. I know they love him but more times than not they love themselves more. I think me and my wife should have a sit down with them see if that can get the ball rolling.

Always be careful considering .gov involvement. It is a wild card which is completely unpredictable. At present, you have a significant presence in the little boy's life. Pull that lever and God only knows what may happen aside from the assured loss of any manifestation of goodwill which may leave him where he is but cut off from you.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Always be careful considering .gov involvement. It is a wild card which is completely unpredictable. At present, you have a significant presence in the little boy's life. Pull that lever and God only knows what may happen aside from the assured loss of any manifestation of goodwill which may leave him where he is but cut off from you.

What he said.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    No he's not in physical danger at all. His parents just are not mentally capable of raising children. The reason my wife is the way she is, is because she realized she wanted to be nothing like them. She is the only one in her family that graduated high-school.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Well let me rephrase that. They are mentally capable just not mature enough
    they need to raise themselves before a child.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I can't hold my tongue any longer but I can't say it to who I want to so INGO has to be my vice. Me and my wife are 21 with a 5 year old and another due any day. But we are more composed tham both her mother and step father. They live with his mom he does nothing but sleep all day and her mom does nothing but try and get pity from everyone. They fight and bicker like they are 16. But the worst part is their adorable 2 yo son who has to witness this horribly disfunctional relationship. He will wear the same outfit for days on end., conOther things I don't even want to put on thos forum. Its to the point I want take them to court for custody. Atleast I have a steady full time job and we own our house. End of rant
    First I understand your very warranted concern for the kid. Like others have said...If the kid is in physical danger then get CPS or the Police involved.
    Second Get off your high horse. So what, they dont "even own their own house". Things happen...some of which you may not even be aware of.

Hell, I lost my house in 2009 due to a divorce and found out that the X hadnt paid the property taxes in almost 3yrs. I had never been late on the house payment. The bank didnt want to hear it, They foreclosed on it...Of course they did, The house was worth 150K and I owed 82K on it. Welcome to America.
    I got back on my feet and bought a house in Nov 2010.

If the parents refuse to try to get on their own feet then it WILL catch up to them and will with a fury.

Before you start judging others, Try looking in the mirror first.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    First I understand your very warranted concern for the kid. Like others have said...If the kid is in physical danger then get CPS or the Police involved.
    Second Get off your high horse. So what, they dont "even own their own house". Things happen...some of which you may not even be aware of.

Hell, I lost my house in 2009 due to a divorce and found out that the X hadnt paid the property taxes in almost 3yrs. I had never been late on the house payment. The bank didnt want to hear it, They foreclosed on it...Of course they did, The house was worth 150K and I owed 82K on it. Welcome to America.
    I got back on my feet and bought a house in Nov 2010.

If the parents refuse to try to get on their own feet then it WILL catch up to them and will with a fury.kp

Before you start judging others, Try looking in the mirror first.
    Ok guy let me clear this up for you. One congratulations getting back on your feet that's awesome. They were never on theirs. They live with his mom by choice. She doesn't want to get a job. According to her daughter she never had one. He has one but only goes to work when he feels like it. They are all for using their money on themselves to go drink and have smokes. But rely on his mom to buy the baby food and diapers. I look in the mirror before I judge I too lost a house and my job but its not hard to pull yourself back up with a little gumption.

Top Bottom