• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    U.S. accused of 'riding roughshod' over UK as Guantanamo detainees are sent to Bermuda in secret deal

They whine and bitch about Club Gitmo being in existence. Now they whine and bitch because our dispersal of the idealistic young lads sent some to their territory. There shouldn't be any trouble from the young men since we know the world loves us now because we are at ONE with our struggling brothers.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Send'em to me , every last one of'em . They can live with me , just don't ask me any questions when they decide to leave un-expectedly never to be heard from again .

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    They should get a reality show and get paid millions of dollars. rofl

The Running Man? :D

In all seriousness, the detainees are going to be the NIMBY (not in my back yard) issue (formerly held by radioactive material) of the 21st century. Seems like some folks dont want Gitmo, but dont like the idea of having former terrorists or extremists in their neighborhoods or local Supermax prison.

Personally, I am split on the issue. I feel our prison system is more than capable of handling these people as we have similar horrendous monsters in ours right now (gang members, extremism, but doesnt use religion, just the poverty part). As for terrorists coming to "break their buddies out", not sure. They didnt do it to Gitmo, but then again, its in Cuba, not US soil. For the US to take them in (those in our custody), we would need a Gitmo North or similar, a heavily guarded, military run installation. Unfortunately, I dont think those are in the works.

The terrorists in the article were captured by the Chinese. I find that interesting. Lots of the folks incarcerated at Gitmo have either attacked US convoys (or installations/holdings overseas) or attacked another nation state. Where does the line begin/end in regards to jurisdiction of holding these prisoners. While I am not a "just kill em all" type (I do believe a majority of the detainees were brainwashed by extremists), I do believe that the laws regarding deportation should allow for them to return to the entity nation that originally detained them (i.e. send em back to China to stand trial there). This may cause a similar effect as our immigration issue now: Attack the US, they are kinder in their treatment of terrorists. Dont attack China, they will publically shoot you.

Lots of issues present that need to be worked out before they begin opening the damn doors to the joint. They really need to have every prisoner's fate determined and marked before releasing them.:twocents:

Top Bottom