I'm a little confused ( online ap and L1 )

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Ok I just completed the online application. No problems so far. I registered and scheduled the fingerprinting. I then followed a link to pay. This is where I'm confused. I paid $84.95 but it doesn't add up to me. I thought you paid 75 to the state then 50 to the local PD. Please tell me I didn't just pay $85 to get finger printed. Will I need to pay more when I go to the PD. Please help

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Ok I just completed the online application. No problems so far. I registered and scheduled the fingerprinting. I then followed a link to pay. This is where I'm confused. I paid $84.95 but it doesn't add up to me. I thought you paid 75 to the state then 50 to the local PD. Please tell me I didn't just pay $85 to get finger printed. Will I need to pay more when I go to the PD. Please help

Your good, the $75 for the state was part of that fee. You will still need $50 for your local PD.

Jerrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Your good, the $75 for the state was part of that fee. You will still need $50 for your local PD.

Ok. I just realized that. Wow I feel dumb. Is it possible to go straight to the PD from the fingerprinting. Will I have to get a money order for the local PD?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Ok. I just realized that. Wow I feel dumb. Is it possible to go straight to the PD from the fingerprinting. Will I have to get a money order for the local PD?

Some local PD's will do it and some won't. Plus, it takes a lot longer to process when you go to the PD for prints. Using L1 I had my papers in a week, it's well worth the little bit of extra money to go L1.

My PD would only take money orders, but I don't know if all are like that. Good luck.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Will unemployment have an effect on approval for the license?
    No, AFAIK you do not have to be gamefully employed to get an LTCH unless you don't have the money to pay all the fees.

Bruizer13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    This whole process was quick. I filled out the online portion on 4/19/12. Made the appointment same night. Paid the $85 online. Then, showed up at the L-1 morning of 4/20/12. Went to next window which was the County Sheriffs Office. Paid the $50 money order. Received pink slip in the mail today, 4/26/12. Not the bad pink slip either!

Good luck to all on their LTCH!

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I was a bit confused as well as to what L1 is. As I've read it only costs you $10 and gains you the pink paper quicker. I did not see anywhere online where you could pay a fee to expedite the procedure from the city/count state fees.

I unfortunately, am doing it the slow route. I had to wait a week after my initial visit to the county building. I was fingerprinted this morning but I have yet to put the stamps on and mail it.

I'll see how long it takes me to get the mail. I overheard someone say its up to 2 or 3 mo. beforeyou get your paper.

I will also say this. Between my two visit to the county building, I saw probably 10 different people in the few minutes I spent in that room apply for LTCH.

Wonder if election season has anything to do with that.

brooks45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    evansville
    Down here in Eville the pb only takes money orders and certified Checks . And l1 told me to wait 2. hours before going to the pd to finish up and pay local.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I paid the extra $10 for L-1, and then my local PD neglected to submit my application for two weeks. *facepalm*

It can be pretty confusing, even my local PD wasn't clear on procedure. You can always call ISP's Firearms Division @ 317-232-8264 for advice. They were quite helpful in my situation. (HINT: Instead of listening to the recorded message, just press zero.)

draftsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Greenfield
    Well I went to CC bldg to finish LTCH app. I already did the online app and L-1 and did not realize I had to get finger printed again. I got there right at 4 o'clock and that's when they stop finger printing. Lesson learned

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    Well I went to CC bldg to finish LTCH app. I already did the online app and L-1 and did not realize I had to get finger printed again. I got there right at 4 o'clock and that's when they stop finger printing. Lesson learned

Printed twice? i did the L! back in October i think did the online app. at like 1130 paid state fees and l1 via cc went to L1 place next day for 1030 appointment was done by 1045 went straight to the Sheriffs Dept. They looked at my ID brought up the online application looked at my L1 receipt. i paid my local fee they submitted the application and i was out the door in 10 min. I had my "LARRY" a week later. :rockwoot::ingo::patriot:

I read all the problems or extra steps other people go through and it sure makes my thankful that mine was so smooth. :)

Top Bottom