• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bdawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Wow, talk about friendly!

I know the glock is the "go to" of handguns, but I was hoping to learn some more! :D ;)

Maybe a member from your area will be able to introduce you to a range.
    This is one of the reasons I joined. It is so intimidating going to a gunstore, or range and not knowing a damn thing!

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    Welcome!!!

As you have seen already, the people on this site are great and very helpful. Many have years of experience, some very little or no experience. Myself, I am relatively new to the handgun scene, but spent 4 years in the Army working with bigger stuff. Nothing I have found so far beats the feeling of sending a 200lb--$20,000 missile downrange, but I have only been carrying daily since June.

Make sure you check out all the safety related postings. Most are "Stickies" at the top of the forums. These will prove more valuable than all the rest.

I have started my kids off with a .22 and they are not at all intimidated by the recoil or noise. They had to read the owners manual, read and memorize the safety rules, and be able to demonstrate the knowledge learned before we ever introduced a loaded magazine to the equation.

Good luck on your journey.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is one of the reasons I joined. It is so intimidating going to a gunstore, or range and not knowing a damn thing!

Gun stores are definitely intimidating. Luckily, we have people here with all experience levels. From new shooter all the way up to lifetime carriers. Any time you want to hit the range and try out a few guns, just about anyone here is up for it at just about any time. :thumbsup:

(Oh, and at least four of the Mods are within 30 minutes of you and love going to the range...)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Gun stores are definitely intimidating. Luckily, we have people here with all experience levels. From new shooter all the way up to lifetime carriers. Any time you want to hit the range and try out a few guns, just about anyone here is up for it at just about any time. :thumbsup:

(Oh, and at least four of the Mods are within 30 minutes of you and love going to the range...)

Did someone say "go to the range?" !! I'm free on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Saturday and Sunday... :)

I only started shooting in March, so I can't answer most questions, but I have the safety thing down and know a thing or two about the basics to get you started. :) I'm sure we could kidnap another person or six to go, too!! :D

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I was in the same position as you about 4 years ago and I posted a similar message on the hometown forum of AR15 . Welcome to the site. You will like it here! Enjoy

Thats right... I'm a liar. I joined this forum and I am not a gun owner! But I want to be. Hence the reason for joining! I'm 23 year old guy from Anderson/Muncie area. I have zero firearms experience, but I have been reading alot online and researching and have came to the conclusion I want to make the step. Hopefully I can get some good information here?!? Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom