• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Interesting. I have never had anyone at any gun store ask me for ID or even ask what state I am a resident of when buying ammo.

Cabelas and all the local gun shops near me ask for either an Indiana driver's license or a foid card for ammo purchases. I always thought it was odd till I started looking into this. I know the City of Chicago tried suing one of the shops near me over the violence on their streets and assumed everyone was just covering their rears due to that suit.
    I did some more checking, and I can't find anything in the federal code about ammo in regards to this. I have been asked for ID when purchasing, but it may have just been a CYA by the seller or a misinformed seller.

Gunuser17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2017
    Chicago
    Currently Illinois resident on IN-IL state line. I have shot at a couple of indoor ranges in Indiana and they never asked to see FOID card. I see no reason to need one to hunt in Indiana either or to buy ammo if you are not shipping back to Illinois. The new interesting question is whether an Illinois resident FOID holder can now purchase an AR15 (or other now banned weapon in IL) long gun in person in Indiana so long as that gun will remains in Indiana - say at some property you own and hunt on? The new Illinois law prohibition appears to only cover acts within the state of Illinois.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I gota say, if a shop is not asking to see you dl for an age date to put in the system for selling requirements, then something is wrong. From what i was told at a couple places, they needed to see your state ID for sales verification only...ie..dunhamssports, walmart, and rual king.

Top Bottom