• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Justice in illinois?

I love this. The bad guys (Illinois Govt.) Hate it.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am so glad that this guy did not settle! It's ludicrous that you can't video your own arrest on your own property in Illinois! What's good for the goose is good for the gander...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We may have celebrated too soon. It looks like the state is going to appeal. They hate to get beaten, apparently. This is a case that calls for tar and feathers for the prosecutors. There's truly no sense in defending a law that is unConstitutional on its face. This is just politicians protecting bad cops and government actors.

State to appeal Allision decision

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Never take the plea deal. Allison has said he won't take any misdemeanor plea.

And if you are wondering the mindset of the prosecutor and how he could continue with the case, Balko had the chance to interview him.

Asked if he thinks Allison should spend the rest of his life in prison for recording his interactions with public officials, Wiseman says, “My job isn’t to write the laws. My job is just to enforce them.” Of course, Wiseman does have discretion over whom he charges and what charges he files. But he says Allison committed a felony, and it wouldn’t be proper for a prosecutor to overlook such a thing….

“They may have problems with some bad police officers in some of your urban areas,” Wiseman adds. “But we don’t have those problems around here. All of our cops around here are good cops.”

Illinois Will Likely Appeal Dismissal of Charges Against Michael Allison | The Agitator

The War on Cameras - Reason Magazine

Top Bottom