• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    I had a couple guys at a 1500 show try to talk me into selling to them after telling me they weren't from Indiana. Before they told me that I had said I would sell to them because they we're going to pay my high price I was asking. ( I was leaving room to get talked down ) When I said I would sell to them they asked me to go to the parking lot to do the transaction and said they had to call someone to make sure they could spend the money. There was no way I was going to go outside but asked to see a drivers license anyways. ( In hopes of getting some information ) That's when they said they weren't from Indiana. At that point I walked away and notified an officer of what had happened. They didn't speak the best English either. They whole situation made me feel like I was about to get taken advantage of. They we're pretty nervous too. Looked to be about 25 years old. It was my first 1500 and my first experience trying to sell something I no longer wanted but I'm glad I had read up on how to legally sell firearms privately in Indiana prior to going. On a side note when I left the show my situational awareness was peaked.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had a couple guys at a 1500 show try to talk me into selling to them after telling me they weren't from Indiana. Before they told me that I had said I would sell to them because they we're going to pay my high price I was asking. ( I was leaving room to get talked down ) When I said I would sell to them they asked me to go to the parking lot to do the transaction and said they had to call someone to make sure they could spend the money. There was no way I was going to go outside but asked to see a drivers license anyways. ( In hopes of getting some information ) That's when they said they weren't from Indiana. At that point I walked away and notified an officer of what had happened. They didn't speak the best English either. They whole situation made me feel like I was about to get taken advantage of. They we're pretty nervous too. Looked to be about 25 years old. It was my first 1500 and my first experience trying to sell something I no longer wanted but I'm glad I had read up on how to legally sell firearms privately in Indiana prior to going. On a side note when I left the show my situational awareness was peaked.

Probably ATF plants.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I did find a good home for the AK with a nice older guy and his son.

Oh, it was an AK! :smileak:

So these guys were:
    Stupid,
    Criminals/Thugs will ill-intent toward you,
    Undercover ATF/FBI/etc. and want to get you in a position to be arrested,
    Undercover reporters want to get the deal on film

Whatever, you made the right decision, including notifying an LEO. This should be a lesson to us all.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They seemed to speak Spanish fine between each other.

Maybe illegal aliens who saw on TV how easy it is to buy an evil looking gun in a parking lot? :dunno:

My money's on this instead of BATFE agents.

FMI, Did the BAFTE have a table set up with the three ladies this time?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    A couple years ago when I was first getting into ARs, I had just bought an upper from J&T and was looking around at some other stuff. While perusing a table I had a guy approach me. I don't quite remember how the conversation started, I think I may have said something about magazines being cheaper over at another table. At some point he opened his jacket and pulled out something and said "this will make that a lot more fun". From what I know now, it was probably something along the lines of a Lightning Link. I, however, declined and went on with my business. I always did wonder if it was a legit offer, a guy selling bootleg LLs, or an ATF scam to catch someone buying NFA illegally.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Pretty sure selling in the parking lot is a felony. Busted a bunch in an eastern state several years ago. Flat don't mess with lightning links and drop-in auto sears. I here the food is ok in club Fed but Friday nights are kind of dicey. Correct the snot out of me. Gun shop owners and employees feel free to add.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Pretty sure selling in the parking lot is a felony. Busted a bunch in an eastern state several years ago. Flat don't mess with lightning links and drop-in auto sears. I here the food is ok in club Fed but Friday nights are kind of dicey. Correct the snot out of me. Gun shop owners and employees feel free to add.
    Unless someone can show the IC to prove otherwise, I do not believe it to be illegal to sell in the parking lot (or anywhere not off limits to firearms, for that matter). The fairgrounds property is only off limits to firearms when the Indiana State Fair is in session, but you are still provided the ability to keep your firearm locked in your vehicle. Otherwise the fairgrounds property is not off limits to sales or carry.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    You are hereby corrected.
    face to face sale are legal, and it does not matter if they are in a parking lot(except for schools)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You are hereby corrected.
    face to face sale are legal, and it does not matter if they are in a parking lot(except for schools)
    ^This^...I'm pretty sure there are plenty of FTF deals conducted in parking lots.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Not Indiana law Federal. Has to do with licenses. Next opinion please. Some one knows for sure. Ever see the signs at gun shows? No sales in parking lot. Why?

Top Bottom