• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1st they are not aware of their relative position in the order if they even know what that is. The cell phone is far more important.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Meeting a friend for breakfast Monday. I was #2 at a 4 way Stop. #3 was opposite direction on my road. She slowed slightly then proceded through causing #1 to Brake Hard to avoid hitting her. (Now wait for it) the car behind #3 didnt even slow down. Fortunate Breathing is a natural function.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why do people not know how to handle a 4-way stop sign?

How do they make it through Roundabout's?

You've barely scratched the surface. People have no idea what those three shiny things are that look back at them as they drive. They haven't a clue why the corners of the car sometimes blink when they push on the stick that hangs off of the left side of the steering wheel. They see no issue whatsoever with all five lanes of I70 traveling the same speed. They can't conceive of any reason why they should pay attention to anything farther away than the back end of the car in front of them. They see no problem with hitting their brakes on the interstate and it's perfectly fine to watch Youtube videos at stop light because other people csan just wait until the video ends to go anywhere.

If obtaining a driver's license actually required even a minimum level of competence we wouldn't have 20% of the traffic that we do.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Meeting a friend for breakfast Monday. I was #2 at a 4 way Stop. #3 was opposite direction on my road. She slowed slightly then proceded through causing #1 to Brake Hard to avoid hitting her. (Now wait for it) the car behind #3 didnt even slow down. Fortunate Breathing is a natural function.

I love coming to a 4-way stop the same time as another vehicle and, them being on the right, they just sit there clueless.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I live almost on the corner of a 4 way stop. Maybe 1 in 10 cars actually stop for it, cops included. I asked a cop that I had out for another issue about it and he told me 'if I see the brake lights come on that's close enough" SMH.

I hate roundabouts. I avoid them like the plague. 90% of the people around here don't know how to drive on them. If you do drive the right way you will get honked at or run over.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    No you just sit there and wave at the other person.

my son asked me one time why I was waiting for the guy on the right to go first. I explained to him how it works, as we sat there and waited, and waited. I finally just went, because the other guy wasn't going to.
    There's also been many times I was the guy on the right, and had to wait for the guy on left. They don't learn new drivers like they used to

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I thought roundabouts were where you are supposed to mash the gas, throw the car in the gap and get out of the way when you get to your street. Lol

I love it when turning the steering wheel/slowing down is too much effort, so cars just spit the lane in the round about so than can go through it at about 60 mph. At least 3 days a week, I get cut off by someone doing this from a complete stop because they can't stay in their lane (the right lane) when going straight. It has made me consider getting a dash cam just to project myself.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    my son asked me one time why I was waiting for the guy on the right to go first. I explained to him how it works, as we sat there and waited, and waited. I finally just went, because the other guy wasn't going to.
    There's also been many times I was the guy on the right, and had to wait for the guy on left. They don't learn new drivers like they used to

Im ashamed to say that I was not aware of this. I’ve honestly never heard of this before. And I’m old enough to know better.

Top Bottom