• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dkoz13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Hey all, thanks for welcoming me to the community! I’ve had a little trouble navigating through this site as a new guy, can someone recommend me any gun safety courses in Indy? Looking to eventually carry but I’d like to start with the basics to make sure I’ve mastered everything. Also, I’m looking to carry a Glock 45 eventually. Things can change, but I feel like that fits me best. Anyone have any tips for getting a new Glock 45? Thanks for the help, glad to be in a state with rights LOL

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Welcome from another Illinois refugee..
    Indy arms on the north side has a lot of good courses. I recommend you look at the law courses.

Other training is findable on the training forums.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Welcome from another Illinois refugee..
    Indy arms on the north side has a lot of good courses. I recommend you look at the law courses.

Other training is findable on the training forums.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Welcome from another Illinois ex-pat.
    "Tips for getting a Glock 45"? -- Visit a gun store or buy one online. :) I usually use gunbrooker.com, but there are many options.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    @dkoz13 From your tone, I am guessing you won't vote for illinoisian like candidates.

Depending upon which side of Indy you are on, and if you are in the 'burbs or not, will likely determine where you want to focus your gun store / range search.

Tim's Shooting Academy in Westfield has a rental counter and range, as does Parabellum in Avon. Either, or any range with a decent rental counter, is an excellent place to start selecting a sidearm. I believe both offer beginner classes which would also touch on one of your points above.

Rent and try multiple handguns. You may find "the one" is a firearm you had not even considered.

I cannot speak highly enough of Attorney Guy Relford's Essentials of Indiana Gun Law course. Google it, an upcoming course should not be hard to find. In the meantime, study our Attorney General's (and Mr. Relford's) Indiana Gun Owners' Bill of Rights. https://secure.in.gov/attorneygeneral/files/Gun-Owners-Bill-of-Rights.pdf

I also recommend reading up on your new State's Constitution. https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/iga-publications/indiana_constitution/Archive Constitution (as amended 2018).pdf

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As mentioned in post 8.. Guy Relford has some classes.
    I've taken, and recommend his law class.
    Tactical Firearms Training.

Law class sounds boring.
    But.. he's a good teacher/lecturer and keeps it interesting.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I made a lot of money in Chicago decades ago. Illinois is a great place....to be from. Enjoy a little more freedom. Welcome to our community.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom