If you saw this guy, would you shoot him?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Hard to say, as the view from the police cam is a different perspective from that of the Officer.

Unless one has actually been in that situation, as some here have, it's unlikely one would be able to state with certainty how they would or would not react.

One more situation wherein 'been there, done that' becomes an important factor.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I've been a Soldier, a Correctional Officer and a Campus Police Officer at a private school. I saw the opposite reaction in each of these two videos of what (I feel) should have happened. I believe the first officer jumped the gun in firing at the old man with the cane. It is very fortunate there was no loss of life. The second video is hard to watch because I, watching it for the first time, quickly identified the subject as a threat. I wanted to yell at the computer for the officer to put him down. I'd be interested to know how many shots the officer got off before he was killed. Like the military these days, I feel that both marksmanship and decision making skills are in decline with what used to pass as a standard. Thankfully these were both rare instances.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Considering that this thread is eight pages, I'm not going to read it all right now.

That first video is scary considering that my girlfriend's dad has a bad hip and uses a walker. His walker is kept in the bed of his truck.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    If you must use a cane (I do) and you get pulled over DO NOT get out of your vehicle. If they ask you to step out of the vehicle MAKE CERTAIN you explain to the cop that you need to use a cane. The chances of encountering a "frightened" cop who has been indoctrinated with the "officer safety before all else" mantra is too great with the training they are given today. The safest course is to sit still with your hands on the wheel and let them come to you. Once out of your vehicle DO NOT reach back in for any reason until the cop gives you permission. It shouldn't be this way, but it is now. Be very careful out there.

Top Bottom