If you murder someone, make sure to rob them too....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    This is a HUGE disservice (and tha tis putting it lightly) to the family and friends of the victim in this case.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    This is the most disgraceful thing I've seen in some time. Unfortunately, I knew both the delivery guy and the kids involved in the robbery/shooting. Hell, I used to have those kids at my house, buy them shoes, I gave one of them a set of cammies I wore in Iraq, weeks after I got back. They were elementary students at the school my wife taught in. I can't see she and her fellow teachers didn't try to improve their life. Some are just beyond repair.

I see no way a jury would not have convicted the shooter, based on the general knowledge of the case. I pray for Ian's family and the (literally) kids involved in the crime. What comes around goes around, their time will come.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I see no way a jury would not have convicted the shooter, based on the general knowledge of the case.

Hmmm, then why would the XO of the prosecutor's office say that he wasn't really confident in the state's case?

If the case was so strong, why the mistrial in the first trial when prosecutors played hide the ball?:dunno:

Last edited:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Plea deal reached in deliveryman murder

This story is 100% what is wrong with our injustice system today.:xmad:

I can't even begin to express my anger towards this situation appropriately without being banned.

Remember, DA's are politicians. It doesn't matter what the convictions are for, so long as they can maintain a high felony conviction rate. That makes for great soundbytes come election time. As District Attorney XXXX XXXXX maintained a felony conviction rate of XX%. Vote for XXXX XXXXX to make crminals accountable.

This message brought to you by the coalition to distort reality for political gain.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Hmmm, then why would the XO of the prosecutor's office say that he wasn't really confident in the state's case?

If the case was so strong, why the mistrial in the first trial when prosecutors played hide the ball?:dunno:

I'm guessing that was mostly lawyer politics. I have a sneaking suspicion that a jury may have seen things differently when presented then the way the lawyers presented it to each other.

I'm no lawyer (and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night), and maybe they really just felt like they couldn't sell it. I really don't know to be honest. Just a sad story.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If the prosecution does not believe that the evidence supports and allegation beyond a reasonable doubt, then he is under an ethical obligation to dismiss the count. Believe it or not they cannot just prosecute people just to see if he/she can pull it off (even though I routinely accuse them of this).

From the article, and article only, it appears that the XO of your prosecutor's office did not believe he could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Was it not the right thing to do then?:dunno:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Again, how is this a travesty? How about a bill of particulars?:dunno:

I agree this may not be a travesty. The thug in question may be innocent of murder, bad police work may be a player.

But I have a very deep lack of faith in our judicial system. It has failed far too many times. So I still agree with the statement:

Don't confuse the legal system with justice. The two rarely have anything to do with each other.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Again, how is this a travesty? How about a bill of particulars?:dunno:

how bout the part where the guy who admitted to and plead guilty to robbing the deceased balked at the suggestion that anyone BESIDES him had possession of the firearm that killed the deceased during the crime?:dunno:

How bout the part where Washington and his co-conspirators shot the deceased in the back AFTER he had given them all the money he had AND the pizza?

Kirk, how bout these questions?

1. Did the prosecution not have the gun?
    2. Were the robbers fingerprints not found on the gun or the ammunition?
    3. Did the robber in question not admit to possessing the gun during the crime?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, how bout these questions?

1. Did the prosecution not have the gun?
    2. Were the robbers fingerprints not found on the gun or the ammunition?
    3. Did the robber in question not admit to possessing the gun during the crime?

1. Don't know, does it say?

2. Fingerprints are iffy things. Sometimes present, sometimes not, even if no countermeasures are taken.

3. The gun? Or, a gun?

Top Bottom