If you could test AR triggers before you buy...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    One thing that always frustrated me when I was getting started, was that I could not test fire AR triggers. I’d have to order online and hope for the best. I’m thinking about building a section in the showroom to house 10+ AR triggers you could dry fire and compare in person. If this is something you’d want to see, what kind of triggers would you want stocked that you could test?

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    2nd on larue MBT-2S. It has a reputation for punching well above its weight in cost/performance.

Definitely planning on the MBT-2S as soon as I can source them as a dealer, bone dry right now. Have several Geissele, couple Timney, and super excited about Centurion triggers made here in Indiana.

I’ll def setup a nasty mil-spec trigger too, thx rooster!

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    I recently added a Ruger Elite 2-stage trigger to my AR and am quite happy with it. At only a little over $100 (online) I highly recommend it. Comes assembled in housing w/pistol grip so you can try it before installation. Also, you can put your mil-spec trigger in the housing for dry-fire and testing.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I absolutely think that is a great idea. One of the things I truly enjoyed most about NRAAM in Indianapolis was the opportunity to walk the floor trying triggers and optics.

I believe you should include the KE arms SLT1 in your selection. It's unique construction which allows manipulation of the safety with the hammer down allows consistency of safety use.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I recently added a Ruger Elite 2-stage trigger to my AR and am quite happy with it. At only a little over $100 (online) I highly recommend it. Comes assembled in housing w/pistol grip so you can try it before installation. Also, you can put your mil-spec trigger in the housing for dry-fire and testing.

I have also been thoroughly impressed with the Ruger Elite 2-stage. It really caught me off guard for the price.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I could just name the triggers I own (not many) but the big names every one is always arguing about. I keep hearing the alg act is good but im happy with my larues.
    Maybe the giessle, timneys, Elftmann, rise armament etc.

I like the grip idea, add a stock set up and boom. I know that's asking way too much though. Lol

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I could just name the triggers I own (not many) but the big names every one is always arguing about. I keep hearing the alg act is good but im happy with my larues.
    Maybe the giessle, timneys, Elftmann, rise armament etc.

I like the grip idea, add a stock set up and boom. I know that's asking way too much though. Lol

I was looking at that, but then I’m into having a bunch of registered lowers. La Rue makes little deals for trigger testing I ordered 10 of. After consideration, I think I’m going to have A2 grips on them all, so it’s an easy apples to apples comparison on triggers.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have a BCM PNT trigger that I wish I could have felt before I got it, but I know some others that like it, and that’s a perfect example of why this is a great idea.
    Stock a bunch of the Larue, because when people feel it compared to the Timney or Geissele for the money, I’d bet the Larue sells.
    It’d be nice if there was a way that you could get people to commit to buying from you if you’re going to go to the trouble to set this up, instead of saving a few dollars somewhere else.

drm-hp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    On my rifles that can have a single stage I use this:

Top Bottom