• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    So the mrs and I were driving on the interstate and I asked her " what would be your ideal gun that you would want"

Her reply was " something in 9mm ( because thats what im comfortable shooting) stainless, sub-compact size with pearl grips."

The main one i can think of is a 1911 in 9mm.

Any more ideas INGO?:la

Thanks.

Ps no you guys arent getting pictures :laugh:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was thinking MK9 for something even smaller. The pearl grips would have to be custom made.

That would be sweet!

Also I know she said stainless but CZ RAMI 2075s are super sweet little guns. And you can buy all kinds of after market grips from CZ's website w/o the need for custom work.

It will give her the weight of Steel (which is what Im assuming she is after to help recoil) but cost much less than a Kahr. It wont be Stainless though if she doesnt mind a black gun with pear grips this might be an option.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Maybe a CZ 75 compact in stainless or even an EAA Witness to save a little money.

FYI CZ only makes 1 Stainless gun that I am aware of.

CZ-USA -> CZ 75 B Stainless

And its not compact.

They do make a compact with a nickel silver coating that could be confused with stainless if you dont look closely.

Also paying for CZ quality doesnt exactly break the bank. My P-01 only costs ~100 bucks more than my Glock 19 before I added night sites to my G19. After Night sites were installed its a toss up between the two price wise.

CZs are worth every penny, EAA is cheaper for a reason.

Last edited:

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    All great ideas guys. CZ was the second one to came to mind but the kahr is more my price range. I would love to get her a sig but not sure if i can swing the loot.

As far as the stainless goes i think that is a must.

I can do wood and metal but im not sure about trying to make my own pearl grips.

I think the size is probably the least important so i may end up going with something full size.

Thanks guys!!

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Smith and Wesson 3913***,no finer single stack made. Out of production but can be found if you look around a bit. Maybe a Sig 239 in stainless.

Top Bottom