• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    i dunno how legal that would be but if there is a number involved isn't that all you need... (i do not have my LTCH yet).

-zack-

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Does anyone know of the legality of recreating your LTCH using Excel and using that to make copies?

[FONT=&quot]Bucky[/FONT]

I can't speak to its legality, but it sure seems like a lot more work than simply having it photocopied at Kinkos.

Plus, there's just something "iffy" about totally creating this kind of document on your home PC.

stejennings7065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is along the lines of I Was Told...

I asked A guy at pop guns about Upgrading my LTCH from a 4 year to a lifetime. I have only had mine for 2 years. The guy said no, I have to wait till it gets within 6 weeks or so of expireing to upgrade. Is this true.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland

I asked A guy at pop guns about Upgrading my LTCH from a 4 year to a lifetime. I have only had mine for 2 years. The guy said no, I have to wait till it gets within 6 weeks or so of expireing to upgrade. Is this true.

180 days prior to expiration

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

You can only renew or upgrade your LTCH if it's within 180 days of expiring.

Please read the INGO FAQ.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Some questions...

I'm assuming if carrying it is mandatory you have the LTCH on you at all times. Correct?

Do you have to carry the original in case you ever have to produce the document or will a copy suffice?

My old one (very old one) was a 4x6" piece of very think pink paper almost like tissue paper. Are they still this big? Do you shrink before laminating to keep on your person?

Is that legal?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    The LTCH costs too much and involves too much time in it's current configuration. Can you imagine how much it would take for the state to develop and use a better quality LTCH? I say let them go on with their business, and leave this system alone. The pink paper works, and laminating it is a minor hassle. I'd much rather keep the government out of it- they are bound to screw something up. Ask them to do more, and they will take longer, cost more, and be less effective. I can do my own laminating, thank you.

Not to mention, with the current design, you can copy it and be set for life. You couldn't do that with a plastic ID card. First time you lose your wallet, put it through the dryer, etc, you'd be back on the phone with ISP requesting another one.

Thank you. Couldn't agree more. The system is fine the way it is. Other than the current wait time to receive permit. Should be same day.

If they did change the system then you can bet that they would require all current permit holders to upgrade. At normal cost of course.

My fear is that instead of coming up with a new license they would just modify an existing one. Such as the drivers license. Scary....

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    My PA LTCH was a 4" X 6" I had to copy and reduce original then laminated so both sides show, what the hey!

What county was it from that you needed both sides to show? I photo reduced mine from Centre Co but there was nothing on the reverse.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Some questions...

I'm assuming if carrying it is mandatory you have the LTCH on you at all times. Correct?

Do you have to carry the original in case you ever have to produce the document or will a copy suffice?

My old one (very old one) was a 4x6" piece of very think pink paper almost like tissue paper. Are they still this big? Do you shrink before laminating to keep on your person?

Is that legal?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

If you have a license, and it's not on you, you may be charged, but state law requires that charges be dropped immediately upon producing proof that a license was issued and that records of the charge be wiped.

markz68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Connersville, IN
    I am awaiting my LTCH now. It will be my first license and I applied for lifetime. I sent it in about 9 days ago.

When you guys say you make copies of them, do you make the copies on pink paper?

I don't live near any copy shops, but I can make the copies at work and laminate them either at work or at home.

For those of you that scan them to a computer, is the scan pink too? Or is it in white and then just printed out on pink paper? And where does one get pink paper?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    For those of you that scan them to a computer, is the scan pink too? Or is it in white and then just printed out on pink paper? And where does one get pink paper?

I scanned mine in black and white and if I ever need it, I'll print on pink paper. There's no need for the scan to be pink if I'm printing on pink paper.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Not sure why copying your license would ever be illegal. Probably not very helpful to copy it either way.

If it gets lost/stolen, the ISP firearms office is going to want your name and other info to get a new one issued. I imagine they have your license number there too...

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    It's helpful in the sense that it would save you the $20 replacement fee.
    Also helpful if you leave your license at home. Keep a copy in your glove box. Keep one in your range bag. That way you always have it with you and if you loose one no big deal ya got more.

Top Bottom