I was asked this question. What would you do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I'm not surprised that your hard-core-Liberal co-worker would tend to shoot first. Firearms are probably a magic wand to him; you wave it around and other people comply.

:+1: I'd rep you 100X if I could.

This, to me, is the very heart of what drives the anti-gun/libtard d-bag crowd. They are the bullies of the world, plain and simple. They know, deep in their black hearts that *they* have an insatiable underlying need to prove to the world that they are always right all the time, to dominate, and thus they cannot be trusted to act reasonably with a firearm. They know deep down that their fragile but insatiable ego will get the better of them even in the mildest of disputes, and they will not be able to resist "the power of the gun" if they had one. Their meglomania makes them think that their personal character flaws are shared by everyone else, so they project this onto others and come up with the knee-jerk reaction to stop other people from acting like the a-holes they know they are by banning everyone from owning guns.

It does not surprise me one bit that the armed OP, whom his libtard acquaintance would likely say is "looking for trouble/wants to be a vigilante", would be the one to seek a peaceful solution if at all possible, while the anti-gun idiot would be the first one to resort to violence. Typical anti-gun idiot. :nuts:

I fart in his *specific* direction... :D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That's where you better be able to explain yourself in court. If you feel like you are in danger of serious bodily injury or death. Then you have to make the choice to shoot or not shoot, and deal with the consequences later. Or carry something non lethal. Like a stun gun, pepper spray, etc. With my back the way it is, I really do not want to get into a hand to hand engagement. Unless I have no other choice.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was asked by a hardcore lib anti-gun co-worker when a gun subject came up what would I do in this situation:
    You get in a traffic accident and you have a gun in your car and an unarmed man much bigger than you is raging mad and running towards you would you shoot? "No" I answered, He's not armed so I would run and call police.
    Then I asked him what he would do and he replied he would shoot.
    Am I wrong about my view of an unarmed person? What would you do?

I guess he's not really anti-gun, he just believes that no one besides himself knows how to properly handle a gun. I guess to own a gun is wrong, but to use one, if necessary, is acceptable. :nuts:

Anyway, to answer his question, I guess I would just stay in my car. :dunno: If he busted the window in an attempt to get to me, now that would be another story.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ask yourself "was I in fear of death or grave bodily harm?"

Is he a hundred feet away or 20? My first instinct is to put some distance between me and the aggressor. If I am unable to do so then I will pull my weapon and prepare to shoot. If the aggressor keeps coming when a gun is pointed at him, fire.

these. people try to trip you up and justify more gun control, but if someone has the ability to kill you (or someone else), and has the intent to kill you(or someone else), then you are justified in pulling on them. if they don't stop when you pull, then you are justified in shooting them until they do stop.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    A few things I would thong about, do they have the ability, opportunity, and intent of causing serious bodily harm or death. There is also the escalation of force to take into account.

1. Confronting/Threatening presence
    2. Verbal threats
    3. Physical
    4. Less than deadly force
    5. Deadly force

From what I have learned you can take the level someone has attacked you with or go one step above. For example if someone for no reason just punches you, you can punch back OR use less than deadly force.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have no idea exactly what I'd do until I was put in that situation...That guy would have to be a BIG mofo to be "much bigger" than me, so if he came running, I'd put my hand on my side arm, give him one chance to stop, then do what I have to do to ensure I'm safe.

Anyway, to answer his question, I guess I would just stay in my car. :dunno: If he busted the window in an attempt to get to me, now that would be another story.

I can almost guarantee this would look the best in court.:twocents:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Depends on whether or not I was in fear of being killed or suffering serious bodily harm. If there is an alternative, I'll take it. And that includes running if safely feasible. If not... I'm a little dude. If a whack job places me in fear for my safety, I'll act to end the threat.

Like I tell my boy, guns are to used in extreme situations. They are useful for solving almost none of the problems we face in our daily lives.
    Roger that Joe!:patriot:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was asked by a hardcore lib anti-gun co-worker when a gun subject came up what would I do in this situation:
    You get in a traffic accident and you have a gun in your car and an unarmed man much bigger than you is raging mad and running towards you would you shoot? "No" I answered, He's not armed so I would run and call police.
    Then I asked him what he would do and he replied he would shoot.
    Am I wrong about my view of an unarmed person? What would you do?

I've seen too many one-punch-kills videos, and my head has not been punch-tested to find out at the moment whilst my wife and kids rely on me and my income.

Heck, perhaps coincidentally, one SHOVE can kill.

Those instances would at least weigh in my decision; couple with the fact that I am frail-ish enough.

hoosiersasquatch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I would never use deadly force until I was in fear of my own life. In your case I would lock my doors and dial 911. If he starts to beat on your car, same thing....this is why we have insurance. If he smashes your window and comes at you....I think at this point you are clearly the victim and he has made his intent on inflicting serious bodily injury and you would have the right to defend yourself.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I'm interested in knowing what the conversation was after that. Did you two go on to discuss or elaborate your positions to each other or what?
    I don't recall how it ended but I now I was only asked for the sake of arguing no matter what my opinion was. Some folks are just that way. Just wanted to see how alone I am in my opinion. I know in a case like that though taking an unarmed life wouldn't be my first choice. We all have different views, opinions, and expressing it helps to better understand each other and maybe choose your friends wisely.:patriot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Leave window rolled up. Stay inside. Call police. Make sure draw is clear in case it is needed.

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Detroit
    "Situational Ethics"

Not that your obligated but if you feel you can avoid injury and or injuring someone else I would say you were absolutly right.

On the contrare if you felt you or your loved one's were in fear of your life with no alternative well I guess you must do what is deemed necessary.....

Top Bottom