• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since my VERY recent purchase of a Scorpion Carbine, I'd Like to replace the FAUX suppressor with one that is not. I do not have access to fancy equipment. So I was thinking along the lines of form 1 on a "Solvent Trap" or something similar. Or perhaps some how turn the Faux suppressor into one via form 1 if that is possible. Any advice or suggestions?

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Thanks About the only thing I don't have, other than the kit is the step drill.
    It's not the preferred way or the easiest way, but it'll work.
    Honestly, this is probably deserving of a longer and more detailed write up, but I'm lazy and on the clock.
    Sparknotes:
    Get approved Form 1, tools, and parts from whom ever; not all parts are equal and compatible with each other, buying "kits" is typically easier. Aluminum is fine for 9mm, I used two steel baffles and a steel spacer for the blast baffle. Do whatever you want, steel will be harder to drill. Mount everything securely in a vice and fixture, think about where your hands and tools will need to be before turning on the power tools. Measure and recheck your alignments often. Drill a pilot hole the size of the first step on your step drill Smaller bits fit center punch marks easier, are less prone to walking, more prone to bending, and allow more wiggle room for correcting off center or egged holes. Step drill your holes, google a size that works for your mileage. I drilled to 10mm, gives clearance for the tolerance stacking that will inevitably result from doing things by hand. Clean up the holes with small hand files. Clip baffles by hand slowly if you're so inclined or rough them in with a dremel and finish with files. My baffle clips are elliptical and 1/2 the diameter of the bore, it works nicely for me. I clipped all, but the first two stainless steel baffles for projectile stability reasons. Assemble everything, alternating clip directions.
    Your done! Mount to the scorpion however you want. Use the SiCo 3lug if wanting qd, its a self contained mount and saves alot of heartache trying to fit a GA or Rugged one. You can use an alignment rod to check bore concentricity or peek down the bore, shrug your shoulders, and ****ing send it like I did.
    Heres some pictures, I'll try to link to video of it firing.

Attachments

• 8CF05A7E-3DAF-4035-AEF8-7448ECC1AB77.jpeg
      8CF05A7E-3DAF-4035-AEF8-7448ECC1AB77.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 15
    • 7510F2AE-F120-4C8E-9D5E-CA57CE817231.jpeg
      7510F2AE-F120-4C8E-9D5E-CA57CE817231.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 15
    • 96E3AE6B-1443-4EA7-9F1F-E8CDEC0E2F2A.jpeg
      96E3AE6B-1443-4EA7-9F1F-E8CDEC0E2F2A.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 14
    Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's not the preferred way or the easiest way, but it'll work.
    Honestly, this is probably deserving of a longer and more detailed write up, but I'm lazy and on the clock.
    Sparknotes:
    Get approved Form 1, tools, and parts from whom ever; not all parts are equal and compatible with each other, buying "kits" is typically easier. Aluminum is fine for 9mm, I used two steel baffles and a steel spacer for the blast baffle. Do whatever you want, steel will be harder to drill. Mount everything securely in a vice and fixture, think about where your hands and tools will need to be before turning on the power tools. Measure and recheck your alignments often. Drill a pilot hole the size of the first step on your step drill Smaller bits fit center punch marks easier, are less prone to walking, more prone to bending, and allow more wiggle room for correcting off center or egged holes. Step drill your holes, google a size that works for your mileage. I drilled to 10mm, gives clearance for the tolerance stacking that will inevitably result from doing things by hand. Clean up the holes with small hand files. Clip baffles by hand slowly if you're so inclined or rough them in with a dremel and finish with files. My baffle clips are elliptical and 1/2 the diameter of the bore, it works nicely for me. I clipped all, but the first two stainless steel baffles for projectile stability reasons. Assemble everything, alternating clip directions.
    Your done! Mount to the scorpion however you want. Use the SiCo 3lug if wanting qd, its a self contained mount and saves alot of heartache trying to fit a GA or Rugged one. You can use an alignment rod to check bore concentricity or peek down the bore, shrug your shoulders, and ****ing send it like I did.
    Heres some pictures, I'll try to link to video of it firing.
    I do have a ShopSmith that will give me a drill press. And I have a drill press vice so when I decide to do it I think I'll be able to do it right, I HOPE! Probably be later this year after I get my knee replaced!

DgTech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Franklin
    Lots of info on form1suppressor.boards.net
    And you will want all clips in line with each other. Look for vids by slencerstudent.

Top Bottom