I persuaded my girlfriend to shoot a gun for the first time.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    Her first 5 shots:

ERu0G.jpg

It was a Mossberg Plinkster 702 firing Winchester Subsonic .22lr at 25 yards. Pretty good for a first time out, I think.

i8Xks.jpg

and with the Mosin:

PLBS3.jpg

She enjoyed the .22 quite a bit. The Mosin kicked a bit harder than she liked, but there was a kid at the next table, so she womaned up.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Good job I don't persuade my GF when people are around. She's a better shot than me, even though she doesn't like shooting?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    That's a fine looking M/N!

91/30, correct?

And how many shots did she shoot with it? Those M/N rifles weren't meant to be shot from a bench! Yikes!

-J-

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    That's a fine looking M/N!

91/30, correct?

And how many shots did she shoot with it? Those M/N rifles weren't meant to be shot from a bench! Yikes!

-J-

91/30, correct. I picked it up because "Why not? They're $100.". She did 5. She wanted to shoot from the bench because the thing is heavy. Aside from safety rules, she's not one to do what I say.

Congrats on the first outing! Which firearm does she want you to spend you hard earned dollars on so she can get her fix now?

She likes the .22. Maybe I'll get her a Marlin 60 or a Ruger 10/22 down the road.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yay!!!!!!

Her posture and grip with the Mosin don't seem so bad, but she's doing that "I don't really wanna touch it" with it the .22. Did she warm up to them as the day passed? You can always tell a newb shooter by the way he shoulders a long gun. I like to say you should be whispering sweet nothings to it...or at least close enough to do so. I might be the only one that converses in bedroom-ese with my firearms.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Yay!!!!!!

Her posture and grip with the Mosin don't seem so bad, but she's doing that "I don't really wanna touch it" with it the .22. Did she warm up to them as the day passed? You can always tell a newb shooter by the way he shoulders a long gun. I like to say you should be whispering sweet nothings to it...or at least close enough to do so. I might be the only one that converses in bedroom-ese with my firearms.

She was talking about buying a .22 by the end of the day. The Mosin was a bit too much for her.

Top Bottom