• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    A 1,000 FPS .177 with a scope and enough pellets to last a lifetime for under $150.
    My last 1K rounds of range 9mm cost almost 3 times that........................ you'll be fine, go on, click on it.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I have a buddy who’s big into airguns. I got my “start” with them, in a way (paintball and airsoft way back when). The only thing keeping me from doing a deep dive into them now is the initial cost, as I don’t buy cheap gear. I don’t always buy top of the line, but I learned young not to buy cheap. So my interests lie primarily with PCP rifles, and those need high pressure fill tanks for a fill station. Coupled with the rifle, optic, and ammo, that’s a hefty bill. I have a few cheap pumps, might add a nicer one in a bit to tide me over.

But it’s gonna happen soon enough, LOL. He and I are in loose talks about a few solid .22 or .25 PCP options.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I bought both of my Marauder PCP's out of the classifieds. Likely would have never made the jump at normal retail pricing. Just sayin'.

That said, there is some good competition going on from new companies on entry level PCP's.

The starlings and ground squirrels run when they see me coming.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah. I want a Benjamin PCP. But the last time I looked including the compressor I was looking at like $1,700. OOF.

I dont think any of my guns cost that much.

And I'm too lazy/skinny to pump by hand. :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yeah. I want a Benjamin PCP. But the last time I looked including the compressor I was looking at like $1,700. OOF.

I dont think any of my guns cost that much.

And I'm too lazy/skinny to pump by hand. :):

Pumping is not near as bad as the rep it gets. It's plenty doable and I have no plans to throw the crazy money at compressors and or tanks.

I just put 35 pumps into the P-Rod this evening. M-Rod is still full, ready for berry eating birds at 50-70 yards.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A 1,000 FPS .177 with a scope and enough pellets to last a lifetime for under $150.
    My last 1K rounds of range 9mm cost almost 3 times that........................ you'll be fine, go on, click on it.
    I'd like to get one of them 22 caliber air rifles that shoot pellets around 1200fps. I prefer a pump. Not sure which one to get as starter rifle.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I'd like to get one of them 22 caliber air rifles that shoot pellets around 1200fps. I prefer a pump. Not sure which one to get as starter rifle.
    Got my break barrel Gamo with a scope for $99 at Gander Mountain before the went belly up, and as many pellets as I could carry to the cash register. The gun rid my place in Indiana of chipmunk and starlings out to 40ish yards.
    I would assume a decent .22 would easily stretch the distance well out past that.
    I've heard alot of good things about the Benjamin Maurader, someone that knows way more than me about em should be along shortly.
    .177, .22 or .25 , it won't matter 'cause you'll have way more fun than you think.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Got my break barrel Gamo with a scope for $99 at Gander Mountain before the went belly up, and as many pellets as I could carry to the cash register. The gun rid my place in Indiana of chipmunk and starlings out to 40ish yards.
    I would assume a decent .22 would easily stretch the distance well out past that.
    I've heard alot of good things about the Benjamin Maurader, someone that knows way more than me about em should be along shortly.
    .177, .22 or .25 , it won't matter 'cause you'll have way more fun than you think.
    When I was 10 my dad bought me a Crossman 760. I shoot that thing thousands of BB's. Never tried pellets. I had that gun learned and could hit a coke bottle at about 40-50yds with it.
    I shot a few windows and I got the pleasure of working off my bill to the neighbors. Mowing grass, picking up the yard weeding garden taking their trash cans to the road and generally anything they needed a hand with.
    I learned real fast not to shoot other people's property. Also got my rear tanned. I'm thinking back and smiling about it now.

Top Bottom