I Need a Wardrobe - Ideas? (Furniture, not Clothes)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Well, I could probably use clothes too, as I'm not the most fashionable guy..

Anyhow, closet space in my home is a little tight, and with cold weather coming I need more room to hang stuff. I was over at a buddy's house and saw that he had a nice Wardrobe unit, and I thought that it would be a nice addition to my place.

I jumped online and went to Sauder's website, and I came up with this..

Sauder Wardrobe/Storage Cabinet 404063

sw404063_l.jpg

Wife says no, because it looks "cheap" and isn't really paintable. I'll give her cheap, but I still say I can paint anything with a good can of rustoleum :D

So anyway, I want a Wardrobe unit like that. It doesn't have to have drawers like the Sauder does, but it does need to have two doors, and be divided into a tall area for hanging things and shelves on the other half.

Thoughts? She suggested Ikea, but then I'd have to drive to She-cog-oh, and I'm not excited about that thought. I looked on their website anyway and didn't find something like this. Maybe I'm gonna have to come down to Indy and hit some furniture stores..

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Yeah, it's just going in the bedroom. She says that she may have to show off something in the bedroom and, thus, the wardrobe must be decent..

I thought I saw a "finish your own woodwork" furniture place once - anybody remember anything like that?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I've been on the lookout but haven't found anything. I'm not dealing with a large area to shop in, though.. just might have to do a little bit of a trip to find things..

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've been on the lookout but haven't found anything. I'm not dealing with a large area to shop in, though.. just might have to do a little bit of a trip to find things..

Ya know, now that I think about it, you don't usually see wardrobes nearly as much as other storage units, such as dressers and such. But it never hurts to look.;)

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    An Unfinished Furniture Store is going to be your best bet to get something that doesn't look "Cheap" at a reasonable price.

You could also search Craigslist for a used one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    The stuff they sell at IKEA is not superior to Sauder. Sauder isn't exactly top craftsmanship either. My point is that the time and gas wasted going to the Northwest side of Chicago makes it an ever worse decision. Their stuff is all OSB. It may have a nicer finish initally, but give it time. The cheap stuff doesn't take much abuse, regardless of the "manufacturer".

Good luck.

Top Bottom