• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sooo.... Looks like My last regular post was on March 26... or as I call it, 9 days after I thought life had gone to ****, and 10 days before life actually went to ****.

waaa2March 19, My (then 14-month-old) had a fever-induced seizure... life got scary with a weekend in Riley, got the result that she was fine, just had the worst reaction to a cold of any toddler out there. She normally doesn't get sick, but this time, she went full nuclear on the cold virus and her body couldn't handle it.

Then 2 weeks later, my wife's water broke at 20 weeks gestation. She was in the hospital for a month and a half on bed rest with constant bleeding, then gave birth via emergency C-section to a most adorable baby boy... who then had a long 75 days in the NICU. He's home and wrecking our sleep now for a couple months (came home the day before his due date). Turns out there was a torn placenta, which caused the bleeding... then it got infected and they had to do a C-section. Placentas aren't supposed to be green, I guess.

Apparently the infection was bad enough that my wife and son might not have made it through the night that he was born... then there was the line-item for 'delivery room resuscitation' on his billing statement. Pre-insurance, he is officially a $1million baby. I was a lot closer than I can really grasp to being a single dad of one...

So long story short, the one kid had a seizure at the end of March, then my other kid decided he wanted to come into life on hard mode, nearly took himself and momma out of the game. I'm just now recovering something of a life.

Obligatory photo of a proud papa holding two healthy kiddos:

0001.jpg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Wow! Sounds like an exciting couple of months. Glad everyone is doing ok. Treasure every moment you have with them, because you never know what may happen.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I hope it all only gets better. Make sure everyone you care about knows you love them. You never know what's in store.

Keep the faith and glad you all are doing fine. :yesway:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Welcome back and congrats to you and yours for surviving the past year.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Glad you are back and things worked out. Must have been a ***** at the time though. Sorry you had to go through it.

Top Bottom