• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    but at least I'm a moderate.

My friend who want to ban all guns is driving me nuts!

Let's dismantle the TSA AND have no armed people on the flights.

Really?

Does 9/11 ring a bell?

Do you think terrorists need provocation? You don't think they're looking for ways to hurt us?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I would not mind seeing the TSA disbanded. It's another federal police agency that has grown beyond it's mission and is looking to branch out to new missions never envisioned for it. It's an agency that has forgotten its mission of serving travelers and instead serves the processes and rules created by power hungry bureaucrats.

As for airline safety? I like Achie Bunker's idea. Hand guns out to all of the passengers at the beginning of each flight and collect them when they leave.

http://youtu.be/-lDb0Dn8OXE

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I love Archie Bunker!

I remember him asking Gloria one day, when she asked about gun control because of all the "senseless gun violence", Archie replied,

"Would it make you feel any better little girl if they was all thrown out of windows instead of being shot?" :lmfao:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Air marshalls have been around since the 1960's, but more recently and up to the 1980's were only on international flights (IIRC). I'm all for armed marshalls and pilots on planes.

Why do you think that abolishing the TSA would result in worse and not BETTER airport security?

The biggest problem of 9/11 was the extremely bad advice the government was dishing out on how to deal with terrorists, that is, "cooperate and things will be fine." If the passengers on every flight had responded like those on flight 93, the results would have been very different.

If terrorists tried the same thing today, even without the TSA or armed staff on board, the results would be very different - because today, people know better.

Terrorists armed with only boxcutters (or utility knives) should have been able to accomplish exactly zero. Passengers should have laughed in their face. I used to routinely fly around the U.S. with a 4" folder (alas, no more). Reminds me of that Croc. Dundee line, "That's not a knife [your boxcutter], THIS is a knife."

Edit: Air travel security as we know it today didn't even exist before about 1955 (flying with a gun was not a problem), and the practice of screening all bags didn't begin in earnest until the early 1970's.

Last edited:

Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Fishers
    I don't like the idea of guns in the planes, too easy to shoot holes in the plane.
    But I do like the idea of issuing every passenger a stun gun and a knife. 4 hijackers with box cutters would have their hands full facing 80 irate passengers with knives and stun guns!
    Bring it Achmed!!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The TSA has spent way over $40 Billion dollars, and yet, "In January [2005], the acting inspector general of the Homeland Security Department, Richard Skinner, testified that ''the ability of T.S.A. screeners to stop prohibited items from being carried through the sterile areas of the airports fared no better than the performance of screeners prior to Sept. 11, 2001.'"

Hope everyone "feels" safer.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Well done! Post # 52 !! "Holes in airplanes."

Airplanes are not space-craft, and can fly quite well with holes in them. The ultimate cure is to reverse this rule: islamofacisti want to kill all of us .... so I believe we should return the favor before they breed us into a small minority and behead all of us who won't convert. That chance is fast slipping away from us. No-body who read Mein Kampf before Hitler rose to power believed he could do anything so insane. So, read the Mullahs' statements and their 21st century interpretation of the koran and see what it REALLY says. Prepare.
    I don't like the idea of guns in the planes, too easy to shoot holes in the plane.<snip> Bring it Achmed!!

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Well I accidentally left a knife in my carry on one time. The TSA scanner found it right away.

The clerk said they could mail the knife back to my home. I said fine and was on my way.

So score one for the TSA.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I can't really think of a reason to deny 2A rights when you get on a plane. Why shouldn't law abiding citizens be allowed to carry? In a just world, they would be.

Unless of course you want to reassert property rights, then private airline companies could certainly make their own rules and restrict carrying.

It would be interesting to see which airlines were commercially successful, the ones allowing CC or the ones that don't.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Terrorists armed with only boxcutters (or utility knives) should have been able to accomplish exactly zero.

It was much more than just "boxcutters". There was a communicated threat of a bomb on board the planes. The folk on flight 93 were very clear in their reporting on their cell phones that they believed the terrorists had bombs.

without desiring to change course for the thread I discuss some of these issues in "Would a gun on the planes have made a difference on 9/11?"

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The reason the terrorists were able to get away with their cowardly deeds is because up until that point hijackers weren't suicidal. Bad guys told passengers they wouldn't be hurt if they complied, no reason for passengers to think otherwise.

This will never happen again, I truly believe that a successful hijack in the future will involve an inside job that assures the hijackers have guns! Make no mistake, it WILL happen.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well I accidentally left a knife in my carry on one time. The TSA scanner found it right away.

The clerk said they could mail the knife back to my home. I said fine and was on my way.

So score one for the TSA.

Two years ago, I flew from Indy to Salt Lake City, with a handgun in my checked bag(that they knew about) and a large utility knife with eight extra double edged blades (mistakenly left) in my carry on back pack, that they MISSED. I didn't realize it until I unpacked in the condo.:rolleyes:

So...... Score one for....?:dunno:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Two years ago, I flew from Indy to Salt Lake City, with a handgun in my checked bag(that they knew about) and a large utility knife with eight extra double edged blades (mistakenly left) in my carry on back pack, that they MISSED. I didn't realize it until I unpacked in the condo.:rolleyes:

So...... Score one for....?:dunno:

Well there are people who have gotten away with murder, so I guess we should do away with police forces too...

Also, air marshals, IIRC use frangible rounds. supposedly they wont penetrate the hull.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I thought all the Moderate's had a big badge under their screen name?

You mistake him for a Moderator. He meant moderate as in a political moderate.

Back in "the day" you could carry guns onto the plane. I had a family friend who used to go duck hunting back in the 70s and would sometimes have to fly out of state to his usual spots. So he'd bring his shotgun onto the plane. No problems. He told me the flight staff even offered to keep his shotgun up at the front of the plane so he didn't have to hold it the entire time. I don't think the TSA is necessary.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I am a frequent flyer and I don't feel safer with TSA, just more irritated. I was with someone that forgot there was an 8" blade in their carry-on and passed through TSA just fine while I was putting back on my shoes, belt, watch, wallet, etc.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Airplanes are not space-craft, and can fly quite well with holes in them. The ultimate cure is to reverse this rule: islamofacisti want to kill all of us .... so I believe we should return the favor before they breed us into a small minority and behead all of us who won't convert. That chance is fast slipping away from us. No-body who read Mein Kampf before Hitler rose to power believed he could do anything so insane. So, read the Mullahs' statements and their 21st century interpretation of the koran and see what it REALLY says. Prepare.

Jesse Jackson Repeats Claim That Semi-Autos Can ‘Shoot Down Airplanes’ — Now They Can Also ‘Blow Up Railroads’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Top Bottom