• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I had an unfortunate incident one time with a dropped mag. I was sitting in a coffee house listening to a comedian when the bar on the side of the folding chair pressed the mag release on my XD. Heard the *thunk* as the thing hit the hardwood floor. Picked it up, reinserted it, and was especially aware of my body position in that chair.

Now I normally use a holster that better protects the mag release, and still make sure I'm aware of body position in folding metal chairs.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Been there. Went shooting once, put SD ammo back in mags racked one in the pipe topped off mag with SD ammo and put it in ammo box instead of in my gun. Went to dinner after got home and relized I was rocking a single shot. Thought I lost my mag at dinner. Looked in car then thought maybe I'll check my range gear. Sure enough put it in my ammo box. Freaked me out and never again!

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Another reason I don't do magazine safety

Some firearms will not allow the gun to fire with a magazine out. I know it is suppose to be a safety measure, but I disable it on any gun I own that has it. Magazine drops out, or a situation changes where you have to fire before inserting a new magazine I want that one bullet in the chamber to fire.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    Maybe he's from California where open carry is legal as l long as the gun isn't loaded? I think that's their law if I understand it correctly.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    One night I saw some guys outside my neighbors across the alley with a flashlight looking in his buildings. I was in my pj's and asked my wife to grab my pistol off the top of the safe for me. She did and handed it to me and I went walking over there to see what they were doing. I asked them what they were doing and they said the home owner had sent them over to find something so I walked back home. When I checked the gun I realized it had a mag in it but no ammo. We had been to the range earlier in the day and apparently I had neglected to reload it. Not sure why I didn't notice the weight difference.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I know you checked.... You touched it and checked it.

(the words:Butt, piece, and finger were removed to keep it family friendly. )

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    One night I saw some guys outside my neighbors across the alley with a flashlight looking in his buildings. I was in my pj's and asked my wife to grab my pistol off the top of the safe for me. She did and handed it to me and I went walking over there to see what they were doing. I asked them what they were doing and they said the home owner had sent them over to find something so I walked back home. When I checked the gun I realized it had a mag in it but no ammo. We had been to the range earlier in the day and apparently I had neglected to reload it. Not sure why I didn't notice the weight difference.
    I always carry a second loaded firearm when I am at a public range, it goes to the targets with me. You never know!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I always carry a second loaded firearm when I am at a public range, it goes to the targets with me. You never know!
    I do the same, especially if I'm the only one at the range. And if I'm shooting a rifle and goin to the 100 yd line I'll take the rifle and a loaded mag (or a couple of rounds if it's a lever gun) with me.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Looks sort of like a Ruger P89, might not have noticed the weight difference as those things are pretty heavy from the start.
    Also, the mag release doesn't stick out past the grip face, it would have been hard to accidentally bump it.
    :dunno:

Beretta 92?? Ive see worse OCing. At least his piece seems more secure.

Its also very possible he is a LEO. Just saying

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    This picture popped up on my facebook feed the other night. I almost posted it here on INGO. I think your police buddy is my dad's cousin... not sure what that makes him to me. Cousin once removed?

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I heard that they called out the bomb squad because a LOADED Glock magazine was found at a Wal-Mart restroom somewhere here in Indiana.

I've probably told this before, but in the early 90's I lost a spare magazine at a Red Lobster. The looks on the staff's faces when I went back the next day to try to find it were priceless. Never did find that thing.

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    Same reason most people open carry "HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME"

I WAS going to sell a rifle once to a guy that got of his car with TWO .50 Desert Eagles on his hips. We met in a parking lit and EVERYONE that went by was looking. I asked him to put them in his car, he declined, I told him rifle was no longer for sale.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I WAS going to sell a rifle once to a guy that got of his car with TWO .50 Desert Eagles on his hips. We met in a parking lit and EVERYONE that went by was looking. I asked him to put them in his car, he declined, I told him rifle was no longer for sale.

:rolleyes:

Let me google that for you

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

You sure showed him. Friggin" open carriers with no mags in their guns! Attention whore bastages.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This picture popped up on my facebook feed the other night. I almost posted it here on INGO. I think your police buddy is my dad's cousin... not sure what that makes him to me. Cousin once removed?

Yep, if he's your dad's first cousin, he is your first cousin, once removed (by a generation). The cousin's kids and you are then second cousins. Your kids and their kids will be third cousins.

And you should all make sure you gun is loaded when you carry it.

Top Bottom