• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    As the old man of the mountain (so far) in this thread ..... yeah, I'm done acquiring.
    I'm retired, 72, but I'm not sure age, or need is a factor. It's just a personal decision that happens, like a switch flips. :dunno:
    72, dang Moses. I think you're already dead, your body just doesn't know it yet.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    36 and I have no real desire for anything new. A couple new offerings have piqued my interest here or there but for the most part I have every niche covered. I need a nice revolver though but I'm in no hurry. Wish I had back a few I sold but that's about it. Focusing on building out what I have now. Accessories can just as or more expensive than the guns.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hey,I am 70yrs old and I said the same thing 5 guns ago,but bought a old 22 winchester 4 days ago.Just when you think your out,they pull you back in,LOL.
    Those old Win .22s deserve a good home so they can't be held against you.
    Which model did you get?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    11vy8b.jpg

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    67 and will Retire next Year
    Failing eyesight is biggest factor to me
    Sold off a few I no longer shoot ... with a few still left
    Looking for a few Better Quality guns

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    62 and retired. I have all the guns I need (and then some) and did slow down when I hit that point.
    My problem is that I see things I need at shows and stores that I didn't know I needed when I walked in.

My Axis II in .300 BLK with an infrared scope and suppressor is a perfect example.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Hey,I am 70yrs old and I said the same thing 5 guns ago,but bought a old 22 winchester 4 days ago.Just when you think your out,they pull you back in,LOL.
    Right on Diver! Don't give up as it is a hobby unlike coins or stamps. Im still rolling at 68, not ready to count them and sell them. I have 2 safes, plenty of storage to go!

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Not anywhere near retirement, probably won’t get a chance to lol.

Either way, I’m a long ways from being “done,” but I’m close to being satisfied. I NEED (not want, it’s a need) another AI AT with the thumbhole kit to replace the one I had to let go a few years back. I also need a good revolver still, and a CZ 550FS in 6.5x55, and a Marlin 39, and a No4 MKII, and a 1903A3, and a K31, and a… wait, maybe I’m not as close to being satisfied as I’d thought… :scratch:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Getting ready to completely retire this summer. Have slowed way down the last few years, think I've bought 2 handguns in the last year, no rifles. Got enough ammo for the rest of my life, so unless its something new I want to try, not even buying ammo. Starting to consider thinning out some milsurps in the next year or so, maybe even a few modern guns that I don't have much use for.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    37, agree with the 36 yo above. I've gone pretty far down the rabbit hole of stuff I think is cool. There are some categories I don't have, but I don't think those are interesting/practical. I've got just about every conceivable "need" that I can think of covered. Not really looking for anything special.
    With that said I did just eye a cool revolver in the classifieds.
    But after that I'll be done ;)

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I am 67 and hope to cut back to part time at 70. I'll keep buying toys of all kinds as long as I am working. Right now I am on a revolver binge. I'm not sure, but I think I need 44 special. Or maybe an 8 or 10 shot 22LR.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    There's nothing I'm actively seeking or plan to. If the right opportunity comes along for a gun I'd like, I wouldn't say "no". And maybe something else will come out that really piques my interest. But I already have more than I really ever shoot. (And my collection is actually not all that big.)

For those who have huge gun collections and keep adding: I'm glad you have the God-given right to do so, and everyone should do whatever makes them happy. But for me, there's no point to a gun which will be shot 2 or 3 times and then sit in the safe...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Turned 69, got my first gun for christmas at age 10(Sears single shot 22), anyway went to the Salem gun show this weekend and realized there was nothing I wanted to buy. Ended up buying some silver coins. I already have most of the classics, Python, SAA, rem 700, browning A5, an AR, several European classic sxs`s, lots of .22`s, a few mil surplus, etc. So I have more then I can shoot, but its more of an end of life decision to enjoy what I already have. Have any of you older retired guys come to the same conclusion? or are you still accumulating?
    I actually understand what you are talking about. I haven't so much gotten to the point of 'I don't need anymore' but rather have become very selective in what I have an want vs simply having a 'one of everything' attitude.
    As a result, I've been thinnin' down the safe stash these past few months...and currently only have three guns on the 'want' list.
    I've simply consolidated things down into matching 'sets' (matching pistol and PCC / rifle by caliber) for myself and the kiddos!
    Life's a process...live wisely!

Top Bottom