• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    My 1911 collection had become primarily full of commander sized 1911s, and I thought it was time to pick up a full size again. I looked very long and hard at the Springfield TRP and almost bought one. However, I saved a little longer and went with the gun that has always been at the top of my wish list: a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special Hard Chrome. I sold a couple of my other guns to be able to swing the Baer (don't worry, they all found good homes where they will be shot a lot more than I was shooting them :))

I can't wait to shoot this thing...it is a tight pistola for sure. I don't know why I always end up buying guns in the middle of winter when it is freezing out! I think I am going to have to just suck it up and go to the Martinsville Conservation Club next week.

Gunpics005-1.jpg

Gunpics011.jpg

Gunpics015.jpg

kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    Beautiful gun and a great choice. There just isn't anything out there with the feel of a good old 1911. Hard to beat those Baer customs. Sure wish I could afford one right now. Congratulations and enjoy that fine piece. Don't forget to give us a range report when you get to break it in....Kong

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I know quite a few people who have a Les Baer TRS just in Indiana and they get excellent service from them. Definitely a nice gun!

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    She's a beaut! If you need any company breaking her in at MCC, I'm sure I could pencil it in :)

Thanks...I am hoping for a some dry weather. I also have my S&W 1911 that hasn't been shot yet and I have a Colt Python that I got back from a smith and is supposedly working now but I need to try it out to make sure.

When I bought my first gun, a G19, it was in January and I didn't have a membership at MSCC yet. So I would be the only person at Atterbury in the bitter cold just shooting away :draw:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I have been the only one at MCF&G a lot of times this winter. Its pretty cool having the range to yourself.

It seems to be a natural progression to buy a glock 19 and then a 1911. kind of new-school mixed with a little old-school. I am a MUCH better shot with my 1911, I think I need to get some training on how to hold the glock right or something ;).

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Guys the Old Trails Rifle and Pistol Club in Richmond, In is haveing Bulls Eye on Monday evenings and it is open to the public. You pay and entry fee of maybe six bucks or so and shoot. You can shoot any pistol at their indoor range but magnums. They will even let you shoot .22 in the bulls eye shoot if you want.

No prizes, just fun competition and bragging rights.

I am heading to their indoor range now to shoot with a friend.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Substance-P I will be shooting your old Colt Defender, just so you know.

Great gun you sold me, hope you like your new gun as well as your old one. I would not trade you back, I like it too much.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Thats a very nice 1911!!! I would like to get rid of a couple or three Kimbers to have one like that!!!

And, yes let me know when you will be at the MCC Range.... I'll have some Wilson mags loaded up....:rockwoot:;););)

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    NICE gun, yea I'm jealous :D, have fun breaking it in. Give me a call if you need help with that, on second thought never mind it will just make me feel worse that I don't have one.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom