• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    Somewhere, probably Newark NJ, my federal taxes alone support a family of 4. Food, phone, internet, health care, etc. all free. The sad thing is I don't get a Christmas card, birthday card, or something to show at some appreciation of my 10, 12, 14, hour long days from my second family.

I know watching CNN, cartoon network and playing video games make time go by quickly but couldn't they take 5 minutes to break out a pencil and paper and write a thank you note?

SIDE BAR.......I really want to know where all this money goes. As an example, The George Washington bridge tolls alone pulls in approximately 2 billion dollars a years in tolls. Where and whose pockets are being lined with my taxes?!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    **** our tax system.

First, they taxed me almost 40% on my bonus while cutting corporate taxes to a 21% cap.

Then, they have the audacity to make me do math homework and tell them how much I owe. And they’ve made our tax system so ****ing convoluted that by the time I’m done calculating it all up, I’m not even sure if I did it right.

**** these politicians. Vote out all of the incumbents. It’s pretty clear that neither party is interested in actual tax reform unless it’s reformation to cut corporate taxes only.
    0dba2182baaf567abd272100817df53f3169d7449aa5d1a98235d2f885163a1e.jpg

The Government Owes Me 50 Million Dollars,’ Reports Man Incorrectly Filling Out His Taxes

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm clear on that. I told him this morning I would show him how to do it when I get up this afternoon. But he didn't want to wait so he went and had it done while I was asleep. Certainly it's a good lesson learned.
    But, I feel like their advertising it as FREE duped him (and surely others) into paying unnecessary/unfair fees because he (and others) really didn't know better. Especially when they never mentioned any fees to him until it was time for him to sign his name.

Time to drive home the lesson and tell him about READING documents, instead of just signing.
    Make people wait, actually read it. When they tell you "this is what it means", just nod and keep reading. They could be wrong, or lying.

Ask questions. Understand stuff.

People buy cars, get mortgages, loans, etc., and then get surprised by stuff.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Time to drive home the lesson and tell him about READING documents, instead of just signing.
    Make people wait, actually read it. When they tell you "this is what it means", just nod and keep reading. They could be wrong, or lying.

Ask questions. Understand stuff.

People buy cars, get mortgages, loans, etc., and then get surprised by stuff.

I agree, but I'm affraid it's an obstacle he will get tripped up by more than once in his life as he has some mental health issues/learning disabilities. Even if he reads such documents he will struggle to fully comprehend it. I worry about how life might be for him when he moves out

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I agree, but I'm affraid it's an obstacle he will get tripped up by more than once in his life as he has some mental health issues/learning disabilities. Even if he reads such documents he will struggle to fully comprehend it. I worry about how life might be for him when he moves out

The only REAL time limit on this earth, is when you are called from it.
    He either should learn to bring someone with, take the document to someone to look at, or just take the time to digest it.
    People act as if they have something better to do while you're reading it.
    TOO BAD FOR THEM.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Taxes should be paid like other bills, once a month. Make people sign the check, or pay online.
    Stop hiding it with 1000 different taxes, and with withholding.

One Federal tax
    One State tax
    One local/county tax.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Taxes should be paid like other bills, once a month. Make people sign the check, or pay online.

One Federal tax
    One State tax
    One local/county tax.

Winner. Add in Plates/fuel/booze/etc and so on. Put it right in peoples faces. Then even the skulls full of mush would understand.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

One Federal tax
    One State tax
    One local/county tax.
    It isn't just to hide it. They would have so many people not paying them on time, or paying them at all. Looks how many people have trouble paying their bills on time. Paying taxes would be as bad or worse. Then we would need more jails for all of the people that didn't pay their taxes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Got mine done last night. I hate taxes. At least I’m fairly dialed in on withholding. The amount I’m getting back from state will about cover what I owe federal.

BTW, deadline is extended a day since the site was down much of yesterday.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    finished mine up last night as well. submitted at 11:30pm. Yes I like to procrastinate.

It is probably my least favorite chore. I think if I were getting a windfall back I'd probably be more motivated to file early, but then I hate getting a big refund because that means I'm loaning that money over the year, interest free, to people who spend it on things I don't like.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It was simpler before I had a 401K and a Roth IRA. And it's only going to get even more fun when I start withdrawing from them. UGH.

Top Bottom