I don't usually get upset with vendors but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My son 4 yrs old and I went to the show for the first time for both of us. Sadly I was shocked by the even higher prices there than what gun broker or other sites have including shipping. We needed an ar wrench for our first build and I found a used fde pmag (overpriced). My son was sad because he thought the gun show were people showing how to shoot their guns... I was since we didn't get any 22lr since it was going for 75-85 for rem 525s. On the way home we found 556 for .64/round and 9mm .30/round brass jacketed at Wally World.... Only people smiling as we closed down the first night were the vendors. I heard on guy say he netted $5000 on ammo that day...

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    No go

Meh, there was lots of other neat stuff there that wasn't overpriced... So long as you aren't looking for ammo or an AR-15 there were some decent deals to be had.

I stopped going to that zoo long before the prices went through the roof. Just nothing there worth putting up with a crowd like that or paying to experience the "atmosphere". Every show is followed by a litany of negative posts. I see no reason to go. YMMV. :dunno:

indygamerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Muncie
    Ashamed but not surprised. After all, most of the people there were walking around with fingers on triggers, and barrels pointing at my head as they walked by. I remember many times having to dodge barrels.... Meh...

Point I mention it, the shows appeal to anybody with gun interest, doesn't necessarily require knowledge such as with pricing. Hope the vendor loses money on ammo sales by having a more educated population :-)

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Ashamed but not surprised. After all, most of the people there were walking around with fingers on triggers, and barrels pointing at my head as they walked by. I remember many times having to dodge barrels.... Meh...

Point I mention it, the shows appeal to anybody with gun interest, doesn't necessarily require knowledge such as with pricing. Hope the vendor loses money on ammo sales by having a more educated population :-)
    Yeah, there should be a rule that all long guns should be carried muzzle down. It won't happen, but if you are tall it is not fun staring down the muzzle of dozens of guns in that kind of crowd. Or any kind of crowd for that matter.

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    breaking up bulk packs and selling in clear plastic baggies - sounds shady at best.

I guess asking him for a receipt and his liability insurance bond info in case there is an issue with it might put a damper on things?

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I would have reacted about the same way. That vendor knows he is gouging, and if he can get away with it then fine, but don't rub my nose in it and expect me to play along.

oldmodel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Crawfordsville
    Its people like this who are ruining me going to the gun shows any more,I can do a whole lot better going to some off the wall flea markets and get treated a lot better!

Top Bottom