• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I had the chance to shoot and compare the SA Echelon and the Sig 365 tacops.

I have nothing bad to say about either gun. They both performed flawlessly. The Sig 365 really does shoot like a larger gun. The Echelon has so many features that you normally don't get on a stock handgun and they all just seem to work for the gun and the shooter.

I did notice that my point of aim and point of impact was a little more what I am used to with the Sig 365. My POA/POI was about three to 3.5 inches higher with the Echelon at 15 yards than the Sig 365. The sights are different with the Echelon having the notch U in the back and the Sig having more traditional three dot night sights.

I didn't have any of the problems some shooters have had with the Echelon magazines, but I didn't really stress them out on this outing.

These two made for such a good comparison I would like to compare the Walther PDP and the Heckler and Koch VP9 on my next outing. Has anyone else had similar comparisons with either guns?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had the chance to shoot and compare the SA Echelon and the Sig 365 tacops.

I have nothing bad to say about either gun. They both performed flawlessly. The Sig 365 really does shoot like a larger gun. The Echelon has so many features that you normally don't get on a stock handgun and they all just seem to work for the gun and the shooter.

I did notice that my point of aim and point of impact was a little more what I am used to with the Sig 365. My POA/POI was about three to 3.5 inches higher with the Echelon at 15 yards than the Sig 365. The sights are different with the Echelon having the notch U in the back and the Sig having more traditional three dot night sights.

I didn't have any of the problems some shooters have had with the Echelon magazines, but I didn't really stress them out on this outing.

These two made for such a good comparison I would like to compare the Walther PDP and the Heckler and Koch VP9 on my next outing. Has anyone else had similar comparisons with either guns?
    Wondering if the Echelon is set up for a center hold or 6 o'clock? My sigs seem to be set up for the most part with a combat hold.

Combat-Sight-Picture-1.png

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I fondled an Echelon today…. Loved the ergos and feel of it. Perhaps I just looked at a bad one but the trigger was horrendous. Ended up picking up two Walthers and an Sig. How was the trigger on the one you shot?

Last edited:

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I fondled an Echelon today…. Loved the ergos and feel of it. Perhaps I just looked at a bad one but the trigger was horrendous. Ended up picking up two Walthers and an Sig. How was the trigger on the one you shot?
    It was equal to the Sig 365 and better than Glock. I had no complaints with the feel or the reset. Both were excellent.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Trigger feel is a very subjective thing, what you might call horrendous I might be happy with. My Echelon to me has a great trigger, feels sort of P320'ish but a bit more 'solid' so to speak.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I think I know what you’re talking about as I’m very familiar with the 320 trigger…. This one unfortunately was like I was pulling it thru pea gravel…… otherwise it would have come home with me I REALLY like the Echelon otherwise. I’m not gonna dismiss it will get my hands on another one…. Hopeful

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Has anyone else had similar comparisons with either guns?

I compare guns back to back quite often. I compared the P365 X Macro comp and the P365 X Macro TacOps back to back recently, as well as the P365 X Macro comp and the Shield Plus. I found from those comparisons the comp does seem to affect the felt recoil, at least a bit and that I preferred the X Macro comp over my Shield Plus. Now that I've swapped the FCU and slide from my X Macro comp to a Wilson Combat P365XL grip, I need to test it vs my Shield Plus to make sure I still prefer it, as that's my new carry config.

Top Bottom