• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modeltman1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Im also a car guy,also have a '86 911-eerr no a little on the high side for a skeleton,must be bid fever or something.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    As talented as you are allen, could you beat out all those panels. That car is a complete loss. That would be a life's labor of love.

Just for the record. I in no way shape or form would I ever work on that let alone love it if I did :)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    a 1971 Hemi cuda vert in similar shape would sell for upwards of $200K I bet.

its all a matter of supply, demand, with a heavy sprinkling of passion/craziness.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    That car in good condition is worth 250k plus. So yes it could very well be worth that amount of money its it might be easier to buy that than to try and find one.

I would not pay that though, cause other than the "Perceived Value" its not much of a car. You would be better off buying the EXACT same car as a replica for 25-40k just cause the numbers dont say its original.

Here is a good condition one, dependiong on the year and exact model it changes a lot.

1955 Porsche 356 1500 Continental for sale | Hemmings Motor News

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    the problem in the car world is someone basically just purchased a serial number...... call it a 'car in a box' if you will.

one day, somewhere, those numbers will pop up on a car........ but will it be the same exact car? depends on who bought the car and where their moral compass points, oh, and how well they document the restoration ;)

Top Bottom