• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    People who say "I support the right to have guns, but the founding fathers didn't have any idea that we would have these types of weapons."
    :xmad:

Well the Founding Fathers also didn't know there would be facebook, youtube, twitter, or news channels that are heard around the world.

It is really starting to **** me off. No, you don't support the 2A your just being a sissy and are completely ignorant about "assualt rifles" and the crimes committed with them. Not to say, your being a government drone. :sheep:

Please just shut up.

redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    People who say "I support the right to have guns, but the founding fathers didn't have any idea that we would have these types of weapons."

Well the Founding Fathers also didn't know there would be facebook, youtube, twitter, or news channels that are heard around the world.

It is really starting to **** me off. No, you don't support the 2A your just being a sissy and are completely ignorant about "assualt rifles" and the crimes committed with them. Not to say, your being a government drone. :sheep:

Please just shut up.

Amen! But your preaching to the choir!

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    My counter argument is that the founders DID have the foresight in mind at the time to consider that the "citizenry" should be on an equivalent relative status to that available to govt forces, to maintain that balance.
    At the time of the formation of the Constitution, it should be remembered that the single shot "musket" or the new "assault weapons" ie rifled single shot weapons WERE the current state of weapon technology at the time.

It is fairly easy and self evident that while citizens at the time only had single shot muskets, it was not like they were going up against tanks, bazookas, and ma deuce machine guns. the government was armed with similar if not identical weapons.. (heck the cavalry and the sword were still common use weapons at the time. )

The issue as we all know is not guns, but gun VIOLENCE! it is the cultural shift, not the implement of destruction which has changed...

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I am a firm believer in technological transhumanism. I have no patience for Luddites who want to hearken back to a time before indoor plumbing as the model for our society.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I guess this comparable to the strategy of repeating a lie enough times that it becomes fact. The parrots repeating this nonsense from pieces of fecal matter like Dianne Feinswine should research some of the quotes from a few of the founders like Thomas Jefferson on the right to bear arms. Furthermore, they should actually engage in some critical thinking and think about how stupid it is that men with the foresight of the founding fathers (as evidenced by the amendment process) would believe that small arms technology would not evolve over the course of 220+ years. Yeah it really is that asinine.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    People who say "I support the right to have guns, but.......

I usually stop listening right after I hear the word "but". You can be realativily safe in assuming any time you hear "Blah blah blah, But...." anything after the but is a lie.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012

Please just shut up.

People who say "I support the right to free speech, but the founding fathers didn't have any idea that we would have these types of internet forums where others can easily disagree with me."

The founding fathers didn't know that gov't was going to become unimaginably large and complex. Standing police forces and armies wound not only become the norm, but would become widely accepted by the people.

It is really starting to **** me off. No, you don't support 1A. You're just being a sissy and are completely ignorant about "freedom of speech" and the crimes committed when its taken away. Not to say, you're being a elitist drone.

Please just keep contending loudly for your beliefs and allow others to contend for theirs.

Peace.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    People who say "I support the right to free speech, but the founding fathers didn't have any idea that we would have these types of internet forums where others can easily disagree with me."

The founding fathers didn't know that gov't was going to become unimaginably large and complex. Standing police forces and armies wound not only become the norm, but would become widely accepted by the people.

It is really starting to **** me off. No, you don't support 1A. You're just being a sissy and are completely ignorant about "freedom of speech" and the crimes committed when its taken away. Not to say, you're being a elitist drone.

Please just keep contending loudly for your beliefs and allow others to contend for theirs.

Peace.

Actually, recognizing the possibility was the reason for the limitations on the government in the Constitution which are largely ignored in the present. They did see it coming and put a great deal of thought into preventing it from happening.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I am a firm believer in technological transhumanism. I have no patience for Luddites who want to hearken back to a time before indoor plumbing as the model for our society.

Plus, the Founders were literate, well informed men. I doubt they failed to foresee all manner of advances.

800px-Puckle_gun_advertisement.jpg

Puckle's Defence Gun, 1718.

Puckle_gun_Photo.jpg

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth

Please just shut up.

Here it goes much deeper .................

The 2A was made so civilians to have the same types of weapons (arms) as the military in most case they(the civilians) were the military for a long time in our history.

So are Second Amendment should adjust with the advancement of weapons in the passage of time...... If not we would be still using musket guns at this time think about it.

The modern weapon for this time is a AR platfrom ( media word assualt rifle which it is not). The plain facts if they take away your AR semi-auto platform weapons like AR-15, AR-10, AK-47, AK-74 you are being disarmed from modern arms and losing your second amendment rights plain and simple.

Here a example to think about lets say they discover light weight body armor that stops all modern projectile weapons in turn start using laser weapons ...(don't laugh its happen in history from swords to bow & arrow to crossbow, to musket rifle) this is weapons evolution of time.

So the military has lasers the police forces do but do you as a American civilian will the goverment say it to dangers for the public and our founding fathers never dreamed of laser so the Second Amendment does not imply on this type of weapons ........... we need to take a stand as we the people let are goverment understand the Second Amendment also has a evolution of time with modern weapons. If they take away our AR platform weapons your second amendment is dead you will forever not adjust with time and will be at the mercy of goverment. And it will be We the Goverment not We The People.........there is a agenda ....some will never see it... :twocents:

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    The modern weapon for this time is a AR platfrom ( media word assualt rifle which it is not).

I disagree with this sliver of the argument. I think the AR a single component of a very large arsenal.

Modern weapons at the disposal of the gov't would be things like the F-35 fighter, The apache helicopter, The predator drone, laser guided missles, gps guided smart bombs, plastic explosives, biological weapons, chemical weapons, nuclear weapons and stealth technology.

So if we're going to frame the argument around modern weapons then lets talk about modern weapons holistically.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    speaking of lasers

I was listening to a program last night that made mention of microwave and radio frequency weapons available to the cops and military that could cook, kill or disorient a hungry, angry crowd. Where can I get some of those?

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    Actually, recognizing the possibility was the reason for the limitations on the government in the Constitution which are largely ignored in the present. They did see it coming and put a great deal of thought into preventing it from happening.

:yesway:

They knew that government isn't always on the citizens' side. . . They experienced that first hand.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Fudds (hunters) are on our side but need to get educated about the
    " why" of the second amendment. Don't get mad. Get articulate and persuasive. :rockwoot:

All hunters are not fudds, not even close. I assume you're a hunter given the buck in your avatar, a fudd is one who wants to protect his right to hunt or skeet shoot, but willingly throws those of us who actually believe in protecting the 2nd Amendment under the bus. However, fudds are too stupid to realize that when they get our semi-autos, their bolt action "hunting rifles" will become super-duper-deadly precision weapons accurate to 1000+ yds with cartridges like the 30-06 and .300 win mag that are 2-3X AS POWERFUL as the already deadly bullets in the evil AR-15s. It's time to ban these from our streets.

This clown is pictured in Webster's Dictionary by the word "fudd."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GlrCnCJsozw

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I disagree with this sliver of the argument. I think the AR a single component of a very large arsenal.

Modern weapons at the disposal of the gov't would be things like the F-35 fighter, The apache helicopter, The predator drone, laser guided missles, gps guided smart bombs, plastic explosives, biological weapons, chemical weapons, nuclear weapons and stealth technology.

So if we're going to frame the argument around modern weapons then lets talk about modern weapons holistically.

Small arms man... come on. :noway:

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Small arms man... come on. :noway:

Does 2A speak specifically to small arms? I don't see the term "small" anywhere.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Top Bottom