• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpecWar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Well, I am in a SHTF mode now. Been sick since Wednesday afternoon, bedridden yesterday and today. Temps running around 100.0 to102.1. Sore throat, fever, hacking cough that takes my breath away, general weakness all over. Now I try to take good care of myself, take vitamins. But working in an ER as Security I come into contact with all sorts of bad bugs. Lady friend coming over tonight :rockwoot: with some meds and food, nothing tastes good right now not even chicken soup. If things don’t improve by morning, I am heading into ER to get checked out. Daughter called from Ball State, she is in nursing. She stated that there has been several unverified accounts of Whooping Cough in the area. Anyone heard anything???? Got some Krill lights from a service man station at Ft. Knox, he said that there is some bad stuff going around down there. Everyone stay safe and healthy. SpecWar :)

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Damn son, get to the ER now. Suck it up and roll. I hate doing anything like that as well, but you gotta do what ya gotta do. Remember You're #1. I wish you the best. :ingo:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I felt like death yesterday. Throwin up nonstop and goin to the bathroom nonstop. It sucked but I woke up feelin a lot better this morning. Somethin must be goin around because I haven't been sick like that in a couple of years.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    My wife is just starting to feel better after being very ill since Sunday, I've never seen her as sick as she's been this time, but she's feeling much better today. Seems viral, like a strong cold.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Thanks one and all, listening to the police scanner right now, ER is getting slammed. I think I will wait until it calms down some.. No vomiting or quick runs to the bathroom, just a sever sore throat and nagging cough and fever.

There is also a nasty strep going around.......be careful, since you have a sore throat.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    There is all sorts of stuff going around right now. I generally get it about 3 days after my wife gets it. She gets it at work from the parents of the kids who are passing it around in school. Interesting to read the various types of stuff going around this season.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had that crap bad for about 10 days a few weeks ago!! I was in bed for 3 days over Christmas. Still feel a little weak but on the mends. Tylenol, Sprite and toast were my friends! Get better soon.... :yesway:

SpecWar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Thanks everyone, back from the Dr. today, no strep but bronchitis is kicking up. Also had a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia and other nasty stuff. She put me on a whole bunch of meds. Will be on the mends for the weekend. Thanks one and all..

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    afew weeks ago I got real sick, then got better for 2 days and sick as a dog again. I was unhappy. knocked me down for like 3 weeks.
    being sick sucks, but man if your that sick then go to the doctor. they get paid to see you so they are always happy to see sick people. lol.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Thanks everyone, back from the Dr. today, no strep but bronchitis is kicking up. Also had a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia and other nasty stuff. She put me on a whole bunch of meds. Will be on the mends for the weekend. Thanks one and all..

Next time why dont you ask one of us nurses who work in ER, ICU, and outpatient cath lab. Might offer you better advice than telling you to go to ER. You only exhibited a low grade temp but never mentioned if it was controlled with taking tylenol or ibuprofen. Didnt think of that? Just saying....

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    afew weeks ago I got real sick, then got better for 2 days and sick as a dog again. I was unhappy. knocked me down for like 3 weeks.
    being sick sucks, but man if your that sick then go to the doctor. they get paid to see you so they are always happy to see sick people. lol.

Cmon man! I know what your wife does for a living! Lol. I know you were getting excellent care.

Indianajeff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Indiana
    Hope you feel better soon. My 4 year old had whooping cough last month, got it from preschool, a steroid shot and mist treatment and she was better in 2 days and fully recovered in 4...................amazing how tough kids are.

Top Bottom