• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    Goodman R410A 16 SEER Complete Split System Heat Pump 3 Ton 2 Stage, DSZC160361,

Is this a decent system? Dial a number less than two came by today and tried to get me to buy this one Bryant Complete Split System Heat Pump 215B Legacy 3 Ton. Single Stage 15.00 SEE the price is higher, the first one has a life time warranty on the compressor and the price they quoted for the second installed was $6000 total. The ducts would stay in place and the trunk needs to be stepped to better feed the downstairs. opinions welcome

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have used Goodman for many years with no real issues. They are a composite of parts put together at the goodman facility's. They make some of their own coils and all the cabinets are are made on site at Goodman. I have noticed a serious decline in the fit and finish in the last few years. Everything is obviously being built on the cheap. I have stopped installing Goodman for this reason. The warranty is good but the product is declining. The local distributor for them dropped the line early this year.
    May I suggest looking into the Sure product line. They are the residential arm of Rheem.
    Also look into Dukane. Both of these Manf. carry a 5 year out of the box warr. that can be extended to 10 years on the major components. We are now using these lines and I like what they are building.
    Are you hooked on the 16 seer products????
    Feel free to PM me and If I can help.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom