• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Now there is a model for the new American family.
    Wonder who they'll offer the book/movie deal to first - you know Hallmark has to make it!?!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Really? Illegally installing a GPS? Not conspiracy to commit murder? :scratch:

Pretty much what I was thinking...

I'm curious about the laws on "illegally installing a GPS"... because technically if it's joint property, isn't he installing a GPS on his own van?

Where would the same logic lead you if you were say.... installing a GPS on your child's vehicle that is in your name?

Hmm....

Seems to me like the correct action would have been to nail him on conspiracy charges, not for gps'ing his own family vehicle.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Pretty much what I was thinking...

I'm curious about the laws on "illegally installing a GPS"... because technically if it's joint property, isn't he installing a GPS on his own van?

Where would the same logic lead you if you were say.... installing a GPS on your child's vehicle that is in your name?

Hmm....

Seems to me like the correct action would have been to nail him on conspiracy charges, not for gps'ing his own family vehicle.

I would rather pin him down on gps charges that might not stick while I gather evidence on conspiracy to make sure it will stick than vice versa. Defense attorneys are getting to be almost as bad as personal injury lawyers now a days and any holes the prosecution can plug before they file the better:twocents:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Really? Illegally installing a GPS? Not conspiracy to commit murder? :scratch:

I would rather pin him down on gps charges that might not stick while I gather evidence on conspiracy to make sure it will stick than vice versa. Defense attorneys are getting to be almost as bad as personal injury lawyers now a days and any holes the prosecution can plug before they file the better:twocents:

The problem with that is like I said above... didn't he just put a GPS module in a vehicle he is technically the owner of?

How is that illegal.... unless it's part of the "conspiracy", but then it's not a stand alone charge, it's just evidence towards the conspiracy charges....

My point is there really should be no legal charge for gps'ing your own vehicle, regardless of who in your family primarily drives it.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The problem with that is like I said above... didn't he just put a GPS module in a vehicle he is technically the owner of?

How is that illegal.... unless it's part of the "conspiracy", but then it's not a stand alone charge, it's just evidence towards the conspiracy charges....

My point is there really should be no legal charge for gps'ing your own vehicle, regardless of who in your family primarily drives it.

It sounds like they're estranged. She probably moved out with the kids and bought her own van.

Just me spit-ballin'.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion

We dont have all the details, could have been a previously owned vehicle involved in a prenup for all we know. Not saying it isn't weird but this will be interesting :popcorn:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    How much do you wanna bet that he says his FB account was hacked and that it wasn't him posting those messages?

Easily traced to via timestamps/IP markings with FB's assistance.

It sounds like they're estranged. She probably moved out with the kids and bought her own van.

Just me spit-ballin'.

Hmm... completely valid possibility.

We dont have all the details, could have been a previously owned vehicle involved in a prenup for all we know. Not saying it isn't weird but this will be interesting :popcorn:

Another possibility that's feesible....

I'm not saying the guy shouldn't be in jail, I'm just saying if they "get him" on a bad charge, that just sets a bad precedence for judges/lawyers to bend the laws as they see fit...

Anyone who states they plan to murder someone else, details the how and why and solicits assistance needs to be arrested on murder conspiracy charges...

creepy!!!

Creepy and Sad..... What kind of psycho leaps to murder as a way to get/keep custody of their kids?! How do you even begin to rationalize that "you're the good parent" when considering murder?!:xmad::xmad:

The real losers in this are going to be the kids. They will be publicly humiliated and forced to live with the knowledge that their father was planning to be a murderer.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    My guess is that either they are separated or his name is not on the wife's vehicle (my hubby isn't on my focus - didn't need his info so we didn't give it).

On the idea of the conspiracy charge, I'm no legal eagle by a LONG shot but doesn't he need to make contact with a person for a hit? I mean, just SAYING I'd pay X to get rid of so-in-so and actually offering a person $ for the job are really two different things. They might need more than emails to a fictitious person to prove it.

Also, I would think they would need to trace the IP on the emails. Who's to say the wife didn't send them to herself as ammo for the divorce? Not saying she did, but I've know people I wouldn't put it past.

Top Bottom