• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I posted back a few weeks asking what a good first knife for field dressing a deer would be. I got many different suggestions, thanks to all.

So I wanted to ask the same question with a few twists. I am going to Smokey Mountain Knife Works this month while on vacation. They have every knife I could ever want.

So what would you get if you had around a 80.00 budget to get a nice fixed blade knife that you would use for general hunting duties and field dressing deer.

Thanks

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I posted back a few weeks asking what a good first knife for field dressing a deer would be. I got many different suggestions, thanks to all.

So I wanted to ask the same question with a few twists. I am going to Smokey Mountain Knife Works this month while on vacation. They have every knife I could ever want.

So what would you get if you had around a 80.00 budget to get a nice fixed blade knife that you would use for general hunting duties and field dressing deer.

Thanks

BUCK

BUCK

BUCK

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    So you make knives? What is the process like?

its FUN! you start with a piece of steel and make it what you want! grind away this, grind away that.... make it sharper here, duller there... more curve here, straighten it out there... think think think..... rethink rethink rethink.... make something people hate... make something people like.... make garabage, make something your proud of... make more garabage.....

a VERY rewarding hobby.... but it'll break you of funds QUICK!!! hahahaha! material isn't cheap. either are grinders, fingers, and your sanity... wondering HOW it got warped, or why no one likes it!! bwahahaha!!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Take a look at teh CRKT ringer series of knives. I just bought a CRKT Ringer with guthook that hopefully will get used this deer season. It's as simple as it gets. Easy to clean off, weighs next to nothing, and takes up next to no room and it's cheap!

bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    i like the kodi pack i think it is called. good steel that stays sharp for many deer cleanings. it has a meat saw, caper knife with gut hook, and a small bladed knife for everything else.

Top Bottom